The Revolution will not be televised

April23 said:
I thought MS was offering that on the 360 as well?!
Game matching and media content are not free. Xbox silver actually doesn't do too much. Just enough to get people to see what they're missing out on with the pay service.

theacoustician said:
Game matching and media content are not free. Xbox silver actually doesn't do too much. Just enough to get people to see what they're missing out on with the pay service.

There was a rumor floating around that Silver would allow gameplay on the weekends. I'm sure that, even if thats not the case, they will have free "preview" times where you can play online with silver, just to get you hooked.

smileynev said:
There was a rumor floating around that Silver would allow gameplay on the weekends. I'm sure that, even if thats not the case, they will have free "preview" times where you can play online with silver, just to get you hooked.
Yep I think that's right. Just enough to get you hooked, but not enough to be useful.

theacoustician said:
Yep I think that's right. Just enough to get you hooked, but not enough to be useful.

Microsoft is like elpie's drug dealer.

While the Silver accounts can automatically connect to XBL without paying a fee, most of the tasty stuff will be available only with XBL Gold, such as playing online with other players.With both services, you'll receive a Gamer Card. "This is basically like an online trading card." Allard proclaims. Indeed, it seems to do a great job in keeping track of all of your vitals whenever you're online. With your Gamer Card, you receive a concurrent score, reputation and zone, depending your playing habits. In addition to that, your accomplishments over XBL are also recorded onto your gamer card so that others can view just how badass you are.

smileynev said:
too bad elpmis is a Nintendoy fanboy
I heard the Playstation 3 makes you a man and gives you pants to wear within your family

too bad you're a nintendo fanboy too huh?

The free online service only matters if the games for the system use it. The main reason XBox Live is so popular is because of games such as Splinter Cell and Halo. Will these games come to the new Nintendo console? Will they have better games?

Also worth looking into, I would imagine sports games dominate a lot in the online play. Are there that many sports game franchises on Nintendo, now?

And does it really look that much better to everyone? It looks smaller, no doubt, but how much performance did they sacrifice for the size? I think that and I know enough about computers to know that size can be deceptive. What do you think the average consumer will think?