NSFW The Restaurant Thread

Then you haven't had good Italian. So much more than "pasta and sauce". Saying it's just pasta and sauce is pretty ignorant.
Okay, pasta, sauce, and some sort of protein. I'm not saying its bad food, just boring and usually overpriced. Find yourself a nice gastropub and you'll get to eat delicious and interesting food for the same price.

Okay, pasta, sauce, and some sort of protein. I'm not saying its bad food, just boring and usually overpriced. Find yourself a nice gastropub and you'll get to eat delicious and interesting food for the same price.
Asian is noodles/rice. sauce, and some sort of protein
Hispanic is rice, sauce, and some sort of protein
Indian food is pita, sauce and some sort of protein

When you break any type of food down to that basic, it's going to sound boring.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
italian food isnt just pasta.

Im kinda with you, of all the place to go out, italian is low on the list. This is the last place we went:

http://www.opentable.com/cafe-mezzanotte-severna-park

Look at the menu, only one small portion of it is pasta.

but if im gonna pick pasta, im gonna pick ravioli or tortellini
It's mostly pasta and some non-Italian dishes.

Either way, I find many, many styles of food to be much better than Italian. Clearly @Valve1138 prefers it and some Heineken and to that I say, GO FOR IT BUDDY!

at risk of sounding like elitist snobs, peanut and I have found that unless we go to REALLY good restaurants, we're not impressed. THe common phrase of "well, we could made that better at home" comes up.

tbh, when people go 'out' for dinner I think they'll have a MUCH better experience if they only go to really good restaurants. I think there are a lot of people who look at prices and say, 'we could go to two places instead of this one' dismissing that they'll end up whining at both other places, or my favorite lame critique "I've had better so many other places." me= "sweetie, if you're budgeting down to extend your 'dining out' meals, grade your Applebees burger on a curve."

A lot of "Italian" food doesn't even have pasta in it. A Florentine steak being an easy example.

Italy is made up of a number of nation states all with their own styles if cuisine. Pizza and pasta aren't the bulk of it.

I think Mexican food is pretty darn basic, like five ingredients in different serving mediums... Wraps, tacos.... Etc

A lot of "Italian" food doesn't even have pasta in it. A Florentine steak being an easy example.

Italy is made up of a number of nation states all with their own styles if cuisine. Pizza and pasta aren't the bulk of it.
Of course there are tons of examples that don't include pizza and pasta. However, here in America, I found things to be different. Whatevs tho. I find Italian food kinda lame, but a lot of other people don't. Somehow, we'll all live.

I'm on to you.
YOU WIN FIRST PLACE.
DSC_0083.JPG

And boobs. There are four in that picture.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly