The Price is Right, v. Apt

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
Hey guys! I've been apartment hunting while I'm waiting for my unemployment grace period to start. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys would think would be a reasonable price to pay for some of the places we've looked at. Here's the first one. In all of the places we looked at, the price per month comes with water and cable, but not electric or heat.

First contestant!

shot of the kitchen
Picture_0079.JPG

another shot of teh kitchen
Picture_0078.JPG

guest bedroom/study area
Picture_0077.JPG

guest bathroom
Picture_0076.JPG

shot of hallway, closet on the right is stackable washer/dryer
Picture_0075.JPG

master bathroom
Picture_0074.JPG

master bathroom, again
Picture_0073.JPG

the master bedroom is HUGE
Picture_0072.JPG

one of two walk in closets in the bedroom
Picture_0071.JPG

another shot of the master bedroom
Picture_0070.JPG

dining area and part of living room
Picture_0069.JPG

living room, which opens up onto a big balcony (sucks they have a no-grill policy)
Picture_0068.JPG

so, what would you guys theoretically want to pay a month for this place?

ChikkenNoodul said:
I would expect to pay somewhere north of $1900 a month in Boston for something like that, and at that price it wouldn't be as clean.
it's got stainmaster carpet too! i should probably also mention that it has a detached 1-car garage too, plus a 7X13 storage unit.

Drool-Boy said:
between 9 & 12 hundred a month Id say
I like the curvey wall too
the curved wall is sechsay. i walked in and was floored by how big this place is. it's over 1200 sq ft, the largest place we've looked so far.

ChikkenNoodul said:
An actual garage? Make that $2500/month +
my friend lived with 6 other girls in back bay, in a hole, her room was no larger than one of those closets, and she paid 650/month. wtf is wrong with you beaners?!?!

F33nX said:
my friend lived with 6 other girls in back bay, in a hole, her room was no larger than one of those closets, and she paid 650/month. wtf is wrong with you beaners?!?!
Back Bay is one of the worst, everybody wants to be 5 min from work. Boston traffic is ALMOST bad enough to justify those prices.

I've got a fairly nice 2bdrm apartment in Newton with hardwood floors and an assigned parking space (yay!) that I pay $1400 a month for.

I'll be moving into a new apartment in June which is going to cost around 110 GBP per week, so 440 GBP per month (~$840 USD).
That's a very nice place though, I hope I can find somewhere as nice as that. good luck F33nX!

edit: forgot my guess :p ~$700-$1000 per month, but I don't know areas there...

Galen said:
I'll be moving into a new apartment in June which is going to cost around 110 GBP per week, so 440 GBP per month (~$840 USD).
That's a very nice place though, I hope I can find somewhere as nice as that. good luck F33nX!

edit: forgot my guess :p ~$700-$1000 per month, but I don't know areas there...
hehe, thanks, you too! :D

this place is really nice. it's mid-range from what we've looked at, as far as poshness (we looked at a resort/townhouse community with fitness center, clubhouse, pool, tennis, etc, and a place with none of those amenities but would be really close to work/school for the two of us).

F33nX said:
hehe, thanks, you too! :D

this place is really nice. it's mid-range from what we've looked at, as far as poshness (we looked at a resort/townhouse community with fitness center, clubhouse, pool, tennis, etc, and a place with none of those amenities but would be really close to work/school for the two of us).
I'd suggest to go for the place which is close to your work, but that's just me. Nowhere here would really come with those amenities, not that I would avail of them, though I am being forced into going to the gym come summer (as well as dancing classes :fly: ).

Are you still a student or in full time occupation? Well, I guess it's always good to save money whereever possible, but I'm really liking that one above. :p