GAY The "post" it but dont "discuss" it thrad

I still love GnR. As with everyone else, Appetite for Destruction was on point. I don't really give a shit about what special kind of dickhead Axel is. That album was one of the best albums music has ever seen and still is.

I still would never go see them live now.

Just like I would never go see Van Halen live now.

Or Metallica

Or any other band from that generation unless they were still around making music that is decent.

I agree about the music
I don't stop liking a song cuz a singer turns into a jerk. The song still rocks and appetite for destruction is straight up one of the best albums of all time

I still get goosebumps when welcome to the jungle kicks in OR the dirty ass sweet child o mine guitar solo starts

Seriously I can listen to that album forever

Considering their sales were constantly increasing until they peaked at the black album when it sold 16M copies, then Load only sold 5M, and sequentially 4M with Reload (less than their second album Ride the Lighting) and have been dropping ever since. That's pretty much a flop.

cause the internet didn't happen in there somewhere. everyone buys mp3's now, it's tough to sell an actual physical record.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I agree about the music
I don't stop liking a song cuz a singer turns into a jerk. The song still rocks and appetite for destruction is straight up one of the best albums of all time

I still get goosebumps when welcome to the jungle kicks in OR the dirty ass sweet child o mine guitar solo starts

Seriously I can listen to that album forever
Yea, Sammmme! I think love the badass Axl from back then & the music. Ugh, so many songs I could play over & over. Patience & Don't Cry = amazinggggg ballads

I used to be a Gunners fan in my early teen years. Then I grew up and realised they aren't as good as people make them out to be. I also found out how much of a piece of shit Axl is, and then hated the band.
Primus is my all time favourite band.
I don't think I've ever heard any primus music... Or have I?

I'll have to check YouTube later.
What is there most popular tune

You had me at DONT CRY

Jesus
Holy
Fuck

What a siiiiick tune!!!!!

Loveeeeeee it
I remember a phase I went thru a few years ago where I'd play Don't Cry, Welcome To The Jungle, Patience, & You Could Be Mine over and over for like weeks lol!

I'm gonna guess that the internet had nothing to do with the steep decline between 91 and 94. and I'm guessing here... but I'm guessing that MP3 album sales are included in the numbers at some point.

you mean 96?

and mp3 album sales rarely happen, mostly they just sell a single mp3 which i don't think counts for much.

and in the past 2-3 years even mp3 sales have been suffering because of streaming services taking over. why spend $10/month to increase your mp3 collection when you can stream a catalog of 30 million for like $10/month?

Motley Crue did good except during the brief John Corabi era

They finished good but there was a whole shit sandwich in between counting Neil killing a guy, Sixx legally dying, Neil being fired for like 6 years then coming back and doing a shit album then Tommy quitting because of Neil, the band ended up suing Tommy's manager over appearances, then they got back together and sued their own manager...so basically a decade of shit. They are the poster child for a fucked up band right next to GnR

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
They finished good but there was a whole shit sandwich in between counting Neil killing a guy, Sixx legally dying, Neil being fired for like 6 years then coming back and doing a shit album then Tommy quitting because of Neil, the band ended up suing Tommy's manager over appearances, then they got back together and sued their own manager...so basically a decade of shit. They are the poster child for a fucked up band right next to GnR
I think they are the most fucked up band, by far. I mean, in a way that every single band member was truly fucked up at one point & they did so much ridiculous shit. Anthony Kiedis is pretty close.