The official weather and food thread

still pretty warm out here...hope like hell it sticks around

just got a quart of hot & sour soup, egg rolls and crab rangun...yum

my hair used to freeze solid under a hat walking from the pool to my dorm in college...if I had meat curtains I'm sure they would have suffered a similar fate

it's chilly yet gorgeous out this morning. i'm biking to campus again :cool:
i just finished a lovely breakfast of lowfat yogurt with vanilla almond granola, and am sipping on my coffee before making the trek.

Its a lovely day today, 50 when I got into work.

I think my winter coat is finally arriving in the mail today.

I had cream of wheat and a co-worker gave me a bottled Starbucks frap.

eating a salad for the first time in so long I can't remember...if I start typing like kjlsdvi8hjnw248unhv that means I am in convulsions and please call 911

it is sooooo nice here...I wish I could be outside...perfect day for golf and throwing down some beers

it rained last night here. the grass is starting to grow so i need to get some pre-emergent on it stat. had terrible crabgrass last year. at first i thought it was cute, but then it turned into a world of suck.

Then why is he responsible for the grass?

some people are anal like that...I always have the urge to smack myself in the forehead when I hear of people making improvements to rental property

kidding, he must not be in an apt

i rent in a triplex, so we have a yard and all that. the landlord takes care of mowing, but all the other stuff (quality of grass, trimming hedges, watering etc) is up to us if we care. i'd like to have a decent backyard this year so i'm going to put a bit of effort into it.

the other two folks who live in the place don't do much to help, but the one chick is working a second job since she's sure she's about to get canned from her first and the dude helps out in other ways so i don't care.

Last edited:
some people are anal like that...I always have the urge to smack myself in the forehead when I hear of people making improvements to rental property
i've made other improvements to the place. when i first moved in i installed modular shelves in the pantry and rearranged the rods in the master closet. all together maybe $100 invested, but it makes living there a whole lot nicer. It makes sense when you consider I've been there for over 18 months.

it's still gorgeous out...ran to the store in shorts. prolly would have regarless, since my knee is amusing itself by spontaneously bleeding.

dinner: chicken nuggets with sriracha (omg i am on a sriracha kick! it's great!) and sweet potato fries. i am washing it down with one of my best friend's homebrews. it's an amazing honey ale with just enough firepower to act as a great painkiller :D
after dinner: supar sekrat baking projekts

Last edited: