Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

The 5 year old has had a mid-grade fever for 8 days now, and while she's largely ok and feeling decent one of the side effects is that she wakes up every 40 minutes at night super frustrated kicking and whining. This results in... less than optimal sleep for me and peanut.

Got desperate after a week of that, and tried some hippie remedies

61Ah-rwYHOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Holy crap. She went to bed immediately, and slept like a rock for almost 12 hours without waking up once. I woke up a couple time to make sure she wasnt dead...

I was skeptical at first cause melatonin does nothing or less than nothing for me. But this stuff works so good youd think it was chloroform
My 5 year Old is the same. On the nights that she just will not go to sleep one dose and within 10 minutes she is out.

we just spent 3.5 hours in urgent care with the Bean, she got a cough & runny nose over the weekend which, y'know, isn't a small deal bc colds suck but wouldn't be enough to warrant going to see somone, but today while she was at grandma's she started breathing funny (lots of quick, shallow breaths, 35-40 in a minute) and of course my clinic was closed by the time she got home/she didn't start doing it noticeably until the end of the day, and when they got her all hooked up, her O2 sats were low according to the pulse ox (the low side of normal for someone her age is 95-97%, she was around 92-94%) but her NP swab was negative for flu a, flu b, RSV, and COVID, and her chest x-ray didn't show anything concerning, so all they can really do for now is have us push fluids and rest. imma call her pediatrician in the morning to follow up.

she was mostly in a good mood, all things considered, though, so she was charming everyone she met. the NP we saw was absolutely tickled when she asked "is that your STETHOSCOPE? are you going to listen to my heart?", at one point when we were on our way down to x-ray, she turned to speak to some random nurse as we passed to say "oh, this is such a lovely house, it's so beautiful!", when she was getting the x-ray done, the tech put a teeny tiny lead belt on her lap to "protect the important parts" and she turned to address him directly to say "oh, thank you!" it was just all sorts of sweet.

That kid is so cute the sad gravy is because she shouldn’t even be allowed to get sniffles. Worded wrong, sniffles shouldn’t be allowed to get near her.

• Love
Reactions: august
this morning, she's also having to catch a breath in the middle of her sentences/words, BUT she's in an OK mood still at least. of course, while I was sitting there at urgent care with her for hours, my throat was getting sore & I thought maybe it was just dry air and the mask, but no, as soon as we got home my nose turned into a faucet and now I'm sick AF also (so plz excuse my combination sick/just woke up voice in the videos)

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
we just spent 3.5 hours in urgent care with the Bean, she got a cough & runny nose over the weekend which, y'know, isn't a small deal bc colds suck but wouldn't be enough to warrant going to see somone, but today while she was at grandma's she started breathing funny (lots of quick, shallow breaths, 35-40 in a minute) and of course my clinic was closed by the time she got home/she didn't start doing it noticeably until the end of the day, and when they got her all hooked up, her O2 sats were low according to the pulse ox (the low side of normal for someone her age is 95-97%, she was around 92-94%) but her NP swab was negative for flu a, flu b, RSV, and COVID, and her chest x-ray didn't show anything concerning, so all they can really do for now is have us push fluids and rest. imma call her pediatrician in the morning to follow up.

she was mostly in a good mood, all things considered, though, so she was charming everyone she met. the NP we saw was absolutely tickled when she asked "is that your STETHOSCOPE? are you going to listen to my heart?", at one point when we were on our way down to x-ray, she turned to speak to some random nurse as we passed to say "oh, this is such a lovely house, it's so beautiful!", when she was getting the x-ray done, the tech put a teeny tiny lead belt on her lap to "protect the important parts" and she turned to address him directly to say "oh, thank you!" it was just all sorts of sweet.
She didn't say "chicken anus" to anyone?