Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

did I mention my kid swears now?

I started out with two "oh fucks" in a row, and then a couple of what we think are "holy shits" (which isn't even really one we say) but we've been being careful and we had hoped maybe she'd forget about it.

apparently not, because when she saw a school bus go by on her walk with grandma and her cousins today, she said "oh fuck!" again and repeated it the whole way home. now I'm wondering if she was trying to say truck :lol:

she also finally said "I love you" for the first time

to a helicopter. we say it to her all the time and she's just kinda like "... uh huh..." but yesterday a helicopter flew by and she waved, blew it a kiss, and said "hi! I love you!"

:|
And she hasn't even met April

update: I just asked her if she saw a truck today and she said "schoobus" so ... it was probably fuck lol
Oh the stories. Best was the 5 year old (oldest son, now 39) who sat up and proclaimed to the nurse that was holding him still for the other nurse to give him a shot.
"Keep your hands off me you fucking bitch!":lol:

Daughter passed her driving test yesterday. As soon as she was home from her dads house after hanksgiving (they’ll be gone all week) we can go get her official license.
That's awesome in the middle of the pandemic. I'd figure many states would hold off on any driving tests. Doubly awesome as I hear from friends and others who say their children have no desire to get their license.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
That's awesome in the middle of the pandemic. I'd figure many states would hold off on any driving tests. Doubly awesome as I hear from friends and others who say their children have no desire to get their license.
I’ve seen lots of kids not getting it as well.
She was hesitant for whatever reason and didn’t get her learners till a couple weeks after she turned 16 but after she really started driving has been excited to have her license since. Moving to Utah 2 weeks before she could get it in Arizona threw a wrench in everything as Arizona is very lax with their requirements and Utah not so much but she did everything she needed in the last two months even if she grumbled a lot while doing it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and august
Just sent to Lily's PE teacher:
"
In case there was any doubt about my last email: make alternate
arrangements for Lily to take her PE quizzes. We will not be
obtaining an APS chromebook.

Let me know how you plan to make alternate arrangements before close
of business Friday, 20 November.
"

They've been dragging me over the past week because I don't want to sign up to borrow multiple thousands of dollars of computing hardware (2 kids after all) when I can't even convince them to not drown the computers that are nominally their own in milk.

Somehow, this PE teacher has figured out how to limit the "quizzes" she gives to Chromebooks issued by the district, and has been standing firm on not allowing anyone without it to take them.
P.E. should not be quizable.
Either you can do the push-ups or you can not.

P.E. should not be quizable.
Either you can do the push-ups or you can not.
You should see the dumb bullshit she has to do.

"Run a mile, and to prove it, take your phone and put strava on it then join the 'cleveland middle school running club' so all your classmates know exactly where you live!"

Never mind that my daughter doesn't have a phone, or a facebook account to join Strava with.

These teachers are hard up for activities, I get it, but there's a special kind of stupid that insists on a certain level of technology 'to protect the kids' then pulls dumb shit like that with zero privacy protections for the same kids.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Maybe the teacher could get off their ass and run the mile with the kids, then they'd know they ran the mile.

Outdoors in the sun (and spaced apart) is one of the safest places to be. No reason they couldn't staggered start a mile run somewhere.

We're still remote learning, because fuckers around here can't stop licking windows long enough to put a mask on before @august waterboards 'em with stale piss.

A simple way to do this is to get a brick. Have your kid write her name on it. Run to the teachers house, throw the brick through the window.

The brick is your proof!

Fuck. Strava's minimum age for registration is 13.

I'ma Karen this shit up to the principal again, just like I did with her stupid chromebook fixation.

There are legit security concerns and other things this teacher seemingly can't or just won't wrap their head around.

The most basic of activities being married to some device/google for one.