Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

Had a magical moment with the 4 year old last night. It was kind of misting, and there were fireflies everywhere. She was like a disney princess and every time she held her hands up, the fireflies would land on her hands to try to get out of the rain.

She spend like an hour before bed after that watching them out the window, and we're gonna catch some in a jar tonight and let her keep em in her room for one night.

Had a magical moment with the 4 year old last night. It was kind of misting, and there were fireflies everywhere. She was like a disney princess and every time she held her hands up, the fireflies would land on her hands to try to get out of the rain.

She spend like an hour before bed after that watching them out the window, and we're gonna catch some in a jar tonight and let her keep em in her room for one night.

awww
always remind her of this moment so she can keep that memory tucked in her mind

About a month ago, the 4 year old was really wearing us down, just whining about everything, refusing to listen, riling up her sister. So we made a switch to be a little more authoritarian and set a couple house rules that had immediate consequences if you break em.

I am amazed how well it worked. After maybe 2 weeks of "break rule, immediate consequence" her entire demeanor has changed. She rarely breaks the rules anymore, and actively goes out of her way to be helpful and "do things that make mom/dad happy".

Almost every morning she gets herself ready, brushes her teeth, gets dressed, and if her sister wakes up will take care of her. Without being asked, she just knows its a good thing to do. She went downstairs and made us breakfast one day....

She cleans up her toys without being harrangued about it too much

She acknowledges when she's breaking a rule and stops on her own and says sorry without throwing a fit.

My kids started out almost on the growth charts (okay some were almost done were way not). Now they are all on it at least.

My 16 year olds solution to getting the 13 and 14 year old to go to bed last night while John and I were out of town was to make koolaid and mix melatonin in it without telling anyone. :waw:
Apparently only my 19 year old brother in law drank any though before she threw it out so other unsuspecting people didn’t partake.