Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

What kind of old school doctor are you going to? Most places use MyChart these days. :fly:
most places have switched to EMR by force at this point because of CMS requirements, but the EMR is super expensive and requires a fuckton in terms of training, maintenance, etc.
because of that, it's usually easier if you're an independent practice to basically glom onto a larger health system's EMR, which brings with it a whole new set of issues.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
most places have switched to EMR by force at this point because of CMS requirements, but the EMR is super expensive and requires a fuckton in terms of training, maintenance, etc.
because of that, it's usually easier if you're an independent practice to basically glom onto a larger health system's EMR, which brings with it a whole new set of issues.
I'm just giving him shit. It's mostly hospitals that seems to have it and my PCP does not... for reasons you stated.

YA DOMON WHAT BACK COUNTRY DOCTOR ARE YOU USING?!

• Gravy
Reactions: august
I'm just giving him shit. It's mostly hospitals that seems to have it and my PCP does not... for reasons you stated.

they actually have mychart.... i just dont think they put that data in it.

I know the big health system in his area has Epic & MyChart (bc I used to work for that health system), but even here now, my small clinic has had some version of Epic for 8 years (via the bug health system) but there's still places around here that aren't and it drives me nuts trying to track down records :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
it was so tough! I hated it. I just wanted to be back home with her & sat there thinking about all the milestones I'll miss and how I'll only get to hang out with her for like 2-3 waking hours each night before/after work most days. she's going to know grandma better than she knows us :(
this makes me sad.
i was able to stay home and travel with Kiko right up til he started kindergarten. I’m so grateful for having that time with him.
But what i don’t understand is why why whyyyy won’t they extend maternity leave for you guys ?
It’s a full year in Canada, for maternity or paternity leave. the first year is sooooo crucial.
I get that you don’t get 100% of your wage but you get a good chunk and you know your job is there waiting when you get back

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
Also..
i just paid Kikos pizza day (every friday) from Sept 20- Jan 24/2020
and it cost me $187.50
FOR HALF THE SCHOOL YEAR in this expensive ass city!
that doesn’t include milk money or subway sandwich money 😫

We had hot dog day ONCE a year for $1 in the mountains of colombia

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
this makes me sad.
i was able to stay home and travel with Kiko right up til he started kindergarten. I’m so grateful for having that time with him.
But what i don’t understand is why why whyyyy won’t they extend maternity leave for you guys ?
It’s a full year in Canada, for maternity or paternity leave. the first year is sooooo crucial.
I get that you don’t get 100% of your wage but you get a good chunk and you know your job is there waiting when you get back

Because here in ‘merica, after the kid is born, we don’t GAF. It’s only important in utero.

I’m not saying I like it.

this makes me sad.
I'm actually lucky childcare is so cheap, some people end up quitting their jobs entirely bc it's more cost effective to lose that income than to pay out

I'm actually lucky childcare is so cheap, some people end up quitting their jobs entirely bc it's more cost effective to lose that income than to pay out
OK that's good then babe cuz child care is like over $1000 a month for a tiny little bean like Daphne.
Last time i paid child care was $700 a month for JUST the summer months and Kiko was like 9... no diapers, no naps, no strollers. he just played in the backyard with the Nanny and her fucking kids.

OK that's good then babe cuz child care is like over $1000 a month for a tiny little bean like Daphne.
Last time i paid child care was $700 a month for JUST the summer months and Kiko was like 9... no diapers, no naps, no strollers. he just played in the backyard with the Nanny and her fucking kids.
childcare here is normally ridiculously expensive, too, but since it's my mother in law, I'm paying well below minimum and exploiting her labor :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and Valve1138