Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

Congratulations @august and I'm glad to see you're not here giving cervix updates and hopefully at home (wherever that is today with your house selling/buying deal) enjoying your new family.

Best advice I can give Domon already gave. The stuff about how sooner or later its gonna be overwhelming and just let them cry/let your partner take over, and give yourself a break. You deserve it.
Neither of you can be supermom/superdad all the time but between the two of you you can be pretty damn good most the time.

Also Daphne is a super cute name for a super cute baby.

there's a soft, jiggly fluid filled area on her noggin; after observation & some testing, she has what they think is a subgaleal hematoma from the vacuum. I'm supposed to DC tomorrow, but they are probably going to keep her in longer for monitoring

there's a soft, jiggly fluid filled area on her noggin; after observation & some testing, she has what they think is a subgaleal hematoma from the vacuum. I'm supposed to DC tomorrow, but they are probably going to keep her in longer for monitoring

Is this considered a normal or not out of the ordinary thing?
Last kids I saw on their first day are like 10-14 years old now.
3 days in hospital used to be standard but now mom and baby are out in 2, sometimes even 1.

Hope everything's okay.

apparently it's not SUPER common to bleed in the specific layer she's bled into, but having some degree of swelling & bruising is normal with the vacuum. they're thinking now it feels like it's congealed enough that it's not still actively bleeding & her levels (h+h, etc) have been ok/ not dropping.

I've been back and forth between "everything is fine" and crying a lot/ worrying about everything.
It’s super tough when baby has to stay behind. Be patient with yourself and know it’s okay to cry. Let your support system deal with everything else and you just focus on you and baby. Hugs!!!! The docs will take good care of her.

@august - healing vibes sent for baby Daphne. The vacuum is hard on some of them, friend's kid had that. Month or so later and it was forgotten, hoping same thing for your cutie. Agree with the others, sweet name.

Although I will admit, as I was reminiscing on the last minute move of my sis in law (supposed to be this weekend with more help but circumstances facilitated that it had to happen yesterday with scrambling assistance instead)yesterday in 111 degree heat that has been a nightmare from the start I was incredibly grateful for three big kids that are finally more of a help than a hindrance and for the troop of teenage friends that showed up to help. Having teenagers might not end up being so bad after all.

Although I will admit, as I was reminiscing on the last minute move of my sis in law (supposed to be this weekend with more help but circumstances facilitated that it had to happen yesterday with scrambling assistance instead)yesterday in 111 degree heat that has been a nightmare from the start I was incredibly grateful for three big kids that are finally more of a help than a hindrance and for the troop of teenage friends that showed up to help. Having teenagers might not end up being so bad after all.
If I believed in prayer, I'd pray that mine end up that way.

But instead, I'll continue to bumble through and fucking up at every step along the way.

I was about to say, teenagers can work, so work them until they're too wore out to backtalk or get in trouble.

after being stuck on the bili blankie all night & doing a big gnarly poop, her bili levels were low enough & her pudding head has subsided enough that they let us go home. basically, the blood in her head was breaking down, which is good, but led to an excess of broken down RBCs (hence high bili) & it just took a bit to work out out of her system. she still has a bit of softness (beyond normal soft babyhead) so we still have to be extra alert for a recurrence of the jaundice and/or make sure there's no recurrence of head jigglies but we are otherwise probably ok!