Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

36 weeks today.

got my hoo ha swabbed for round 2 of GBS screening (my office does an initial screening on urine at your 1st OB appt and then a vag/rect swab at 36w to be sure). according to others, I've "dropped" but I still can't breathe any better so idk. my last growth scan/US is tomorrow. I finally packed a go-bag but honestly I have no idea if I have what I need.
we still don't actually have a crib ?!? bc my house is on the cusp of being sold (accepted offer, just had inspection Tuesday & no word back yet) so we haven't set anything up. we have a car seat at least, so they'll let us leave the hospital :lol: gonna set it up in one of the vehicles tonight.

every time I stand up, my pussybones fucking ACHE. my dumb tiddies have started the occasional leakage. bodies are dumb and gross.

36 weeks today.

got my hoo ha swabbed for round 2 of GBS screening (my office does an initial screening on urine at your 1st OB appt and then a vag/rect swab at 36w to be sure). according to others, I've "dropped" but I still can't breathe any better so idk. my last growth scan/US is tomorrow. I finally packed a go-bag but honestly I have no idea if I have what I need.
we still don't actually have a crib ?!? bc my house is on the cusp of being sold (accepted offer, just had inspection Tuesday & no word back yet) so we haven't set anything up. we have a car seat at least, so they'll let us leave the hospital :lol: gonna set it up in one of the vehicles tonight.

every time I stand up, my pussybones fucking ACHE. my dumb tiddies have started the occasional leakage. bodies are dumb and gross.
Cribs are overrated in the first weeks, anyway. They are doing another growth? Is he or she big or little?

• Gravy
Reactions: august
36 weeks today.

our kiddo was in a pack n play for the first while.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Cribs are overrated in the first weeks, anyway. They are doing another growth? Is he or she big or little?
I think they said it was specifically due to my high BMI at the onset of pregnancy, so they just had me schedule monthly growth scans once you hit a certain # of weeks, through the end. so even though it's been measuring fine (on the big side. but still in the realm of normal. like ~75th percentile), they have you do the whole series.

• Love
Reactions: Ledboots
36 weeks today.

ooooh this is nothing!! wait tol
labor lol

ooooh this is nothing!! wait tol
labor lol
I am TERRIFIED but also have literally no idea what to expect. afaik I haven't even had Braxton hicks/"practice" contractions so I have zero frame of reference on what a contraction will feel like. I've definitely said a prayer to cthulhu for my snizz.

as of the growth scan Friday, the bean is ~6lbs 8oz, but theoretically still a month left to pack on more baby fat.

I am TERRIFIED but also have literally no idea what to expect. afaik I haven't even had Braxton hicks/"practice" contractions so I have zero frame of reference on what a contraction will feel like. I've definitely said a prayer to cthulhu for my snizz.

as of the growth scan Friday, the bean is ~6lbs 8oz, but theoretically still a month left to pack on more baby fat.
You doing any birthing classes?

sorry to clarify that's what I meant wrt not really knowing what to expect, is the pain stuff

I get the mechanical side of it, I understand what my body will do & how it works, but I will forever perseverate on the shit I don't and can't know, like what it'll feel like and if I'll die :lol:

we did online ones bc I work M-F and bass player works Tu-Sa. they were actually pretty decent for online classes. but, there's still no way to really know what it'll feel like until I feel it
Better than nothing. Actually, could be better than some F2F classes - I'm guessing online ones were free or cheap. Very true - you won't know until you know. All I know is 100% of the female participants I attended with said something along the line of "you're never getting laid again after this!"
Watch, you'll have a last minute emergency C-section. They'll jack you up and you won't feel a thing. "When are you going to start doctor?" "Start? Hell, I'm done woman. I'm scrubbing and getting back to my golf game!" Congrats!