Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

older kid is sick. Went from mid-grade fever and cough > some sorta of either allergic or viral rash reaction that looks just like chicken pox, but cant be cause she's vaccinated against it. Low-grade-doc at the urgent care thinks its a reaction to the amoxicillin she was on the for the fever and cough, which would make some sense, as im allergic to penicillin, but she's off that now and even with steroids and antihistamines the head to toe polkadots persist.

Itching herself to the point of bleeding at night :( feels like the docs are just kinda guessing at stuff, i wish medicine was more quantitative.

older kid is sick. Went from mid-grade fever and cough > some sorta of either allergic or viral rash reaction that looks just like chicken pox, but cant be cause she's vaccinated against it. Low-grade-doc at the urgent care thinks its a reaction to the amoxicillin she was on the for the fever and cough, which would make some sense, as im allergic to penicillin, but she's off that now and even with steroids and antihistamines the head to toe polkadots persist.

Itching herself to the point of bleeding at night :( feels like the docs are just kinda guessing at stuff, i wish medicine was more quantitative.

could the rash be a fever rash?
looks kind a chicken poxish

the itching and scratching so hard is concerning
hope she feels better
keep us updated

how are mom and dad doing

peanut gets worried, and we're both pretty sleep deprived, but thats parenting eh. Kid is in a good mood and fine during the day mood wise, it just hits at night.

Hope the kid gets feeling better. Current expert doctor thinking is that penicillin allergies aren't hereditary. idk.
I'm with maureen - consider any new products in the home - head to toe sounds odd. Nothing for the itching? - benadryl, calamine(old-school but works).
May it pass quickly.

How long has she had the rash? Could be Roseolla (sp?) measles. They have a fever, it breaks, a couple days later they are covered in a rash. I don’t ever remember my kids itching with it though. Also, seems a dr would easily diagnose something like that, but it’s a thought.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
How long has she had the rash? Could be Roseolla (sp?) measles. They have a fever, it breaks, a couple days later they are covered in a rash. I don’t ever remember my kids itching with it though. Also, seems a dr would easily diagnose something like that, but it’s a thought.
i found that as well, but supposodly those dont itch.

Last night was better. The Prednisolone seems to be working.

About a week with the rash, slowly developed.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi