Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

lets all be glad hiphugher isnt a parent to any of our kids.
Teachers generally consider kindergarten graduation a big waste of time. Nothing really changes between Kindergrdn and 1st grade. At least going from elementary to junior high some new responsibilities and autonomy are being foisted upon them.

i dunno where any comments about kindergarten are coming from. I assume from someone i have on ignore

So your comment was in reference to mine about videogame designers living in mom's basement?

That part was the joke. I was serious about kindergarten graduation ceremonies being bullshit.

of course kindergarten graduation is a meaningless gesture.

So it pretending there is a dragon in the kitchen and sneaking around the house with your kid, so is encouraging your kid to slide down the big slide even though theyre scared.

Things dont have to be important and of deep significance to have value.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
of course kindergarten graduation is a meaningless gesture.

So it pretending there is a dragon in the kitchen and sneaking around the house with your kid, so is encouraging your kid to slide down the big slide even though theyre scared.

Things dont have to be important and of deep significance to have value.

Oh totally agreed on all that other stuff and I wouldn't equate them with meaningless gestures either. Pretty dang significant really in terms of using the imagination and building the kinds of bonds and memories they'll keep even after we're gone.

The "graduation" deal to me is in a different category.

The "graduation" deal to me is in a different category.
It's basically an upgraded "end of schoolyear" party. I suppose for some of the kids it's a cool deal. For other's it's the beginning of the scariest time of the year. Mom & dad, 7 days a week. If the 'rents are great - great. My wife tells me about 1/3 of her kids are terrified over end of year. For those in rural areas it means a loss time with friends.

Just make sure they know how much 'value' it is.

.01 cent - $1,000,000.00 ?

a thanks for clearing your plate or that's an amazing milestone.

The 'everyone gets a blue ribbon for everything' crowd are raising a bunch of lazy fucks.
I'm not sure you understood @Domon's point. But that's probably because you didn't make it to that kindergarten graduation milestone.

I'm not sure you understood @Domon's point. But that's probably because you didn't make it to that kindergarten graduation milestone.
And a BRIGHT BLUE participation ribbon for YOU!

fi0u2Gs.jpg

It's basically an upgraded "end of schoolyear" party. I suppose for some of the kids it's a cool deal. For other's it's the beginning of the scariest time of the year. Mom & dad, 7 days a week. If the 'rents are great - great. My wife tells me about 1/3 of her kids are terrified over end of year. For those in rural areas it means a loss time with friends.

1/3 would rather be in school than at home? WTF man. That's bad.

1/3 would rather be in school than at home? WTF man. That's bad.
Think about it. 1/2 the kids are from "broken homes". Some of them have to go stay with the other parent. Said other parent(SOP) isn't used to doing long periods with them. SOP may have a new spouse that doesn't want them there. Nocustodial SOP may not have got custody for a reason. Alternatively, some of the kids live with single parents who are tired and bitchy. There is little decent food in the house(unlike the school which gives them free breakfast AND lunch(if they qualify). There is also an uptick in kids getting smacked around and other such during the long, hot months of summer. And they don't have a nice lady like my wife who will listen to their problems and work with them after school if necessary.

Think about it. 1/2 the kids are from "broken homes". Some of them have to go stay with the other parent. Said other parent(SOP) isn't used to doing long periods with them. SOP may have a new spouse that doesn't want them there. Nocustodial SOP may not have got custody for a reason. Alternatively, some of the kids live with single parents who are tired and bitchy. There is little decent food in the house(unlike the school which gives them free breakfast AND lunch(if they qualify). There is also an uptick in kids getting smacked around and other such during the long, hot months of summer. And they don't have a nice lady like my wife who will listen to their problems and work with them after school if necessary.

This further reinforces my view that I had an awesome life growing up. Sure we got squared away when we deserved it but home was an awesome place to be. I still remember little details about the place and the life that even my parents are like, "you remember that?"

I could go on for days....