Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

Petunia

COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,545
Since everyone has been drinking the tainted water and has baby fever, I think UF officially needs its own Bebe Thrad

expectant moms and new moms: @kiwi @eileenbunny @peanut @fly
donors: @Domon @itburnswhenipee @APRIL

OBGYN/Nurse/Doula: @Ledboots

honorable mention to the know-it-all baby mamas: @helenabear @Maureen @Puff Dabby

please share your cravings, updates, horror birth stories, weight gains, advice and drivel here.

heart-diseases-are-more-likely-to-occur-in-strenuous-situations.jpg

Just wanted to say to all the men out there: a doula is absolutely worth the fucking money. Every cent. We delivered Lily with the help of a doula, and she helped get us through triage with a minimum of fuss, helped Louise deliver Lily without any drugs whatsoever (that actually wasn't the plan, but the time was so short that it was too late to do anything by the time we were in the delivery room).

If I were capable of spawning any more fuck trophies, hiring a doula would be on my short list of things to do.

I feel like a doula is only necessary if you don't have a good medical team in place. There's a lot of baby factories out there and then there are truly amazing birthing centers.

I am fat. I want to diet but I'm still feeding the baby the booby food and I'm not looking to quit any time soon. I'm trying to get on a good exercise routine but finding time has been a really big challenge. The kids are awesome though.

I feel like a doula is only necessary if you don't have a good medical team in place. There's a lot of baby factories out there and then there are truly amazing birthing centers.

I am fat. I want to diet but I'm still feeding the baby the booby food and I'm not looking to quit any time soon. I'm trying to get on a good exercise routine but finding time has been a really big challenge. The kids are awesome though.
Baby classes?

I actually had a time hop today that said Ryan felt jax kick six years ago. We talked about it and the kids asked questions and Jaxon apologized for kicking me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia

I enjoyed being able to focus on Louise instead of the doctor/nurses during the whole thing. Our doula was like an amazing secretary for dealing with all that bullshit (and we had Lily at a really great place for that sort of thing, a specifically womens' hospital).

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I enjoyed being able to focus on Louise instead of the doctor/nurses during the whole thing. Our doula was like an amazing secretary for dealing with all that bullshit (and we had Lily at a really great place for that sort of thing, a specifically womens' hospital).

how does a doula have legal authority to do stuff like check you in and agree to the forms and stuff? I thought all that had to come to the person being medicined on.

yes, medicined.

how does a doula have legal authority to do stuff like check you in and agree to the forms and stuff? I thought all that had to come to the person being medicined on.

yes, medicined.

you pre-check in on all that stuff anyway so when you show up there is nothign to do

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
theres forms you gotta sign every time.
What is this a free clinic for people that grow their own food?

We were all set up ahead of time. Scheduled the inducement & just showed up on the birthing floor @ 5am with our Drivers Licenses & were then walked down the hall to the room.

I'd imagine it's similar for you two now. You'll do all the check in crap a month ahead of time, then when you show up they'll put you in a temp room, check your DL's & get you moving right along.

Tell me you're going to a hospital with enough business that they do free valet.

eh, not to that part yet. The one place we ended up told us we'd have to sign two forms every time (as compared to 6 the first time).

Consent to treatment, and "inpatient/outpatient agreement" if i remember right. No matter though, we're done with that place.

yes, medicined.
You preregister, robit. That way there's nothing to do at the delivery except actually deliver.

edit: s/he doesn't have that legal authority.

Yeah. They do it so they aren't quickly delivering a child and don't know the doc or the peditrition or the mother's medical history. Try want to be prepared for you and make it as easy as possible. I didn't do doula but my mom and cousin helped me through labor and delivery with Ryan but for the caesarian it was just me and ry but they were ready for us to show up at anytime