Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

For glasses and exam?

I remember paying more for that for contacts, before the laser pew pew surgery.
Well exam if you call around you can get a few prices and negotiate down. I got quoted $200 at this local place, called another place and got $100, called the local lenscrafters and was like like Woolf wants $100 for an exam what can you do and the guy was like $75 if you come in today. Make sure you get pupillary distance too.

Warby parker does do decent on the frames/glass. If you really want to cheap out my friend always gets those $10 frames cause she loses her glasses constantly.

My better set of glasses is my R5as from rochester optical that still only cost like $200.

yea i know.
and while i worry about this often, football is his life and i am no one to tell him to stop. i won’t.
if it happens (and i pray it doesn’t) we will deal with it
Football is super fun and stuff but you live in Canada. Ya'll ever played hockey?

Well exam if you call around you can get a few prices and negotiate down. I got quoted $200 at this local place, called another place and got $100, called the local lenscrafters and was like like Woolf wants $100 for an exam what can you do and the guy was like $75 if you come in today. Make sure you get pupillary distance too.

Warby parker does do decent on the frames/glass. If you really want to cheap out my friend always gets those $10 frames cause she loses her glasses constantly.

My better set of glasses is my R5as from rochester optical that still only cost like $200.
I'm indifferent. If I called around, that's time I won't get back. It's not like $300 is choosing between my kid's glasses and eating this week.

In many ways, my time is worthless, but in this instance, I just don't care enough to go minimaxing.

I'm indifferent. If I called around, that's time I won't get back. It's not like $300 is choosing between my kid's glasses and eating this week.

In many ways, my time is worthless, but in this instance, I just don't care enough to go minimaxing.
Yeah I get you.

Welp, it finally happened: my mother sent an email about how red flag laws are the result of my kids' generation being godless, amoral, video game monsters, and I replied-all (to my mother, her siblings, and my sister) with:
In the words of a slightly more famous Geoffrey, "That's just, like, your opinion, man"
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

There was a gab.com video link in the email, that I didn't bother to click, on the theory that I'd gotten far enough through the stupid barbs about my atheist parenting that I didn't need any more.

This weekend will be interesting.

Welp, it finally happened: my mother sent an email about how red flag laws are the result of my kids' generation being godless, amoral, video game monsters, and I replied-all (to my mother, her siblings, and my sister) with:

There was a gab.com video link in the email, that I didn't bother to click, on the theory that I'd gotten far enough through the stupid barbs about my atheist parenting that I didn't need any more.

I wasnt allowed to play video games as a child. Not sure why. Then my mom played playstation in 1997 and we got a playstation. My mom was a particular fan of Odd's Odessey and Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:
You apparently can buy Plan B at self checkout. Which makes it weird I always have to buy it. Like you're %50 of this problem at least.

Ah, the start of school, when I get to butt heads with idiot teachers who are convinced that I need to sign their syllabi, as if I, a fuckin' 41 y/o man who graduated high school some 20 years ago, am the one taking sophomore chemistry.

Well. Time to write some shitty emails. I'm really good at those.

Why in the fuck hasn't she taken you off the list? As an aside, I understand how you became an asshole. You were born into it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Why in the fuck hasn't she taken you off the list? As an aside, I understand how you became an asshole. You were born into it.
I dunno why I'm still on her list.

I'm trying not to be her - and stick to my own lane wrt expertise and not mistake my qualifications in one area for authority where I don't have any.

But yes, I'm surrounded by assholes.

hqdefault.jpg

I reached a middleground with @AppleTurkey on signing syllabuses and stuff: I sign them now, but write "I do not agree to anything in this document" above it.
The fuck signing syllabuses? I just went to school. My paretns didnt even know Sister Mary Elizabeth and fuck if she had people signing off on her teachings...

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum