Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

august

I’m always wet in my basement area
Sep 23, 2006
Marklar
₥12,123
we have been pretty good about being cautious with our swearing at a time where Daphne has been picking up new favorite words left and right like butthole and wiener and vagina, but apparently Daphne has picked up my habit of punctuating sentences of exasperation with a little light blasphemy, as in

Jason: hey buddy, can you please pick up your mess?

Daphne: OK, okayyyyy, I'll do it, just give me minute, JEsus

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥549
Except for losing a pair of goggles diving in on one race, the kids each bettered their times in the finals.

But fuck, it's hot out, and I'm wasted now.
Our swim season ends in two weeks and the whole thing is exhausting. Practice every weekday and meets every Saturday where we have to be on deck at 6:45 and don't get to leave before noon. I'm proud of my kid for her swimming improvements, but I can't wait to be able to sleep in on Saturday again.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and fly

Jehannum

Puts the "pro" in procrastination
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
₥84,317
Our swim season ends in two weeks and the whole thing is exhausting. Practice every weekday and meets every Saturday where we have to be on deck at 6:45 and don't get to leave before noon. I'm proud of my kid for her swimming improvements, but I can't wait to be able to sleep in on Saturday again.
We were still sort of in recovery mode from COVID lockdown stuff.

The league lost 4 teams last season. The hoity-toity sports & wellness crowd (3 teams) decided to form their own league with blackjack and hookers (or whatever it takes to justify $400/mo for membership). The other team was promised that asbestos remediation would be finished before the season, but got strung along until it was too late to find another pool.

I love the meets, and I love coaching the kids. If there was a way to make any decent money at it, that's what I'd do as a job.

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥78
The younger kid needs glasses. I guess it was just a matter of time, given @AppleTurkey's and my terrible vision.

So, $300 later, they'll be here in 2-3 weeks.
Bruv, what? I got a whole new script at lenscrafter for like $75.

Never ever get frames at the store. I get cheap warby parker frames. I had a friend who did loss prevention for luxottica (sunglass hut, lenscrafters etc) the base price of frames is like $20.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister

Hoff Kinkmeister

never met a virtue I wont signal
Apr 16, 2016
Marklar
₥25,941

Never ever get frames at the store. I get cheap warby parker frames. I had a friend who did loss prevention for luxottica (sunglass hut, lenscrafters etc) the base price of frames is like $20.
If you're waiting two weeks, like @Jehannum, then you might as well get them straight from the source with Zenni or similar.

Jehannum

Puts the "pro" in procrastination
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
₥84,317

I'm not fussed.

The frames cost $35, but the lenses + warranty were the bulk of the expense, since we wanted transitions, and enough warranty that it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to replace in the event that kids gonna kid.