Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

All of ya'll with sub-10 year olds. What the heck is the first day of kindergarten like? I put my kid on a bus.... and then what. How is she supposed to know what to do, where to go to her classroom, who her teacher is? What bus stop to get off at on the way home, etc
They usually do some sort of open house ahead of time where you go in and meet the teacher, see where class is, take In supplies, etc. it’s also not uncommon for parents to take their kids the first day and walk them to class and take pictures and such. Not sure how possible that will be this year depending on location and if it’s generally accepted though. It’s just how everyone out here does it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
All of ya'll with sub-10 year olds. What the heck is the first day of kindergarten like? I put my kid on a bus.... and then what. How is she supposed to know what to do, where to go to her classroom, who her teacher is? What bus stop to get off at on the way home, etc
They have people herdnig them into the building, they'll figure it out. Or your kid will. :) They'll be fine. The bus driver has a sheet, they will probably yell out for them at each stop, maybe even walk the isle, ask them their name. Besides, unless some adult is LATE to the bus stop on the first day, how is it going to go by without dropping your kid? :lol:

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

@august
we need Daphne updates
IMG_20210710_234109804_processed.jpg

I'm sorry that I'm the literal worst ever, the pandemic and parenthood have really stepped my ADHD into overdrive and so when I didn't manage to get some things done here for folks that I'd agreed to (99% done, but not complete, as is my typical way), I started out thinking oh, I'll just keep myself off the forum until I've finished it, that'll remind me to do the thing! except I'd only ever think of it at a time where I was unable to do the thing, and then it was months and months later and I was like WELL I GUESS I CAN JUST NEVER GO BACK 🙃

View attachment 14506

I'm sorry that I'm the literal worst ever, the pandemic and parenthood have really stepped my ADHD into overdrive and so when I didn't manage to get some things done here for folks that I'd agreed to (99% done, but not complete, as is my typical way), I started out thinking oh, I'll just keep myself off the forum until I've finished it, that'll remind me to do the thing! except I'd only ever think of it at a time where I was unable to do the thing, and then it was months and months later and I was like WELL I GUESS I CAN JUST NEVER GO BACK 🙃
Sounds like you made good priorities to me :) Glad you and yours are ok.

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi and august
The boy is off at band camp for high school this week, as an incoming freshman, and it's absolutely glorious not having him at home.
All of my big kids are with their dads family for the week. Aside from the oldest I haven’t heard from the boys at all.

next year I gotta time it to have Natalee away for a few days while they are gone.

starting in september, thisll be the first time both kids are away at the same time ever. Oldest starts kindergarten and the youngest will be in preschool two days a week. Its gonna be weird, and quiet.

Vaguely related... for the first time in almost 2.5 years peanut and I were able to get out of the house without the kids last week for almost 2 hours. It was really nice. Havent had any time to ourselves in all that time.

Such a cute age! :heart: :heart:
DId she just turn 2? I've lost track with the 'Rona drama.
yep, earlier this month! she's a huge goofus, and while she definitely does stuff that frustrates me sometimes, she's mostly hella chill. she gets tender in a few situations, mostly around being tired, like if she is overdue for bed or a nap, or when she first wakes up. she also gets hangry like her dad, but she's better at figuring that one out by herself (that is, she can't tell she's tired or flat out denies it, but if she gets hangry she figures out on her own that that's what it is)

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
she still has issues with constipation, we have to keep her on pear juice consistently or she can't go, but her vocab is getting better and she's getting better about figuring out what is bothering her and talking to us about it, so now she says "my poop is stinging me"

There was a cereal bowl with ice & water in it on the counter
When I asked, the boy informed me hes been drinking out of it
I told him to quit drinking out of a bowl like an animal
Next time I was in there I saw the bowl with ice & water still in it, but this time there as the addition of a drinking straw
Fuckin kids I swear

she still has issues with constipation, we have to keep her on pear juice consistently or she can't go, but her vocab is getting better and she's getting better about figuring out what is bothering her and talking to us about it, so now she says "my poop is stinging me"
aww, sorry for her bum. I've been on antibiotics for a week - I feel her pain.

• Sad
Reactions: august