Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

I spent probably 4+ hours a day reading when i was kid. While i would love that my kids do that too, its a little anachronistic, there is a lot more "information" out there thats not in books and is more digital.

ITs not like i was reading textbooks, i was reading fiction, so other than good reading and comprehension skills, which is really valuable, icant claim i was "learning" anything from that reading.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
We've restricted Jason's vidja games, too. He actually doesn't get his gameboy back until the middle of July (after he told Louise, "Be quiet, woman", he lost it for a month).

Since I blocked youtube on the computer (way back in January, because he was steadily maintaining an "F" in English/Language Arts), he's been forced to find other ways to entertain himself.
did the F improve?

• Gravy
Nothin wrong with with video games, but all things in moderation. Being glued to a screen for too long definitely isnt good.
They still get about 2-3 hours a day so they aren’t picked on, but most of it is after dinner so they are forced to spend the bulk of their day in other activities. We do lots of reading, drawing, yugioh, playing games, friends as much as possible and now woodworking.

They still get about 2-3 hours a day so they aren’t picked on, but most of it is after dinner so they are forced to spend the bulk of their day in other activities. We do lots of reading, drawing, yugioh, playing games, friends as much as possible and now woodworking.

oh, thats plenty. Our rules are largely related to daylight. When its light out, do stuff that takes advantage of that light.

• Gravy
FYI, costco is carrying alcoholic popsicles now.

Just keep your eyes open when you're there and your kids want popsicles. Don't want to pull a "me" and buy them kid stuff that's been remarketed at idiots who think they're still children and need a jolly rancher to swizzle with their liquor.
Gracias!
I'll consider those for when the grandkids are left with me.

I am TERRIFIED but also have literally no idea what to expect. afaik I haven't even had Braxton hicks/"practice" contractions so I have zero frame of reference on what a contraction will feel like. I've definitely said a prayer to cthulhu for my snizz.

as of the growth scan Friday, the bean is ~6lbs 8oz, but theoretically still a month left to pack on more baby fat.
ok so the best way i can describe a real and major contraction ... is : imagine someone taking a sledgehammer to your lower back.

there. that’s it.

kiko was 5lbs
had him at 34 weeks (7.5 months)
he was a MASSIVE preemie lol
14 hrs of labor
c-section

i think what really helped my was the people around me. some people just stress you TF out or make me nervous/anxious.
i had soothing music and even brought a “focal point” which was a teddy bear i had since i was a kid and it sat across the room and i would focus on teddy bear when i needed to breathe and concentrate and get through the contraction

omg 12 yrs later and i can still smell his little baby skin and feel his soft warm skin.
ugh you’re going to love every second of motherhood..

Last edited:
so today i booked a flight to Brazil for my Kiko.
He will be traveling ALL BY HIMSELF 😭

he will be spending 3 weeks with his grandparents and he’s super stoked but i’m gutted.

the pros are that he has traveled TONS in 12 years and knows what to expect and has done plenty of long haul flights (toronto to sao paolo is 10 hrs)

we have reserved an air canada chaperone that will be with him until he is seated on the plane (stays even if there is a delay )

i honestly think i’m gonna bawl my eyes out. i do every time his dad takes him to Caymans 😭

Been teaching the oldest kid the concept of chores with monopoly money.

She has jobs (brush her teeth, get dressed, be quiet at night) and earns money for jobs, which she can then spend for ice cream and her tv show (voltron).

She's getting the hang of it, gets her to do her own stuff and also teaches counting, and adding, and good financial skills.

She found a penny today in the couch and bought an episode of tv with it :p

Been teaching the oldest kid the concept of chores with monopoly money.

She has jobs (brush her teeth, get dressed, be quiet at night) and earns money for jobs, which she can then spend for ice cream and her tv show (voltron).

She's getting the hang of it, gets her to do her own stuff and also teaches counting, and adding, and good financial skills.

She found a penny today in the couch and bought an episode of tv with it :p
chk it out domon baba :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I see that august hasnt exploded yet.
I have not

had another cervix check today, at which point they were going to strip my membranes to help move things along, but my cervix was like "nah" and it still ain't doing shit but sitting there like an ugly pink donut, so they couldn't. no dilation or effacement, & it's still WAYYYYY the fuck inside me, so once again I got my growler knuckle-mashed for nothing.

hows the kiddos estimated sizeage?
based on measuring fundal height at the appt today, "normal" & based on the last growth scan should be p normal, but the last growth scan was a month ago now so it's anyone's guess how fat it is now

I have an induction scheduled @41w (7/11) so there's an endpoint if it doesn't come on it's own before that

based on measuring fundal height at the appt today, "normal" & based on the last growth scan should be p normal, but the last growth scan was a month ago now so it's anyone's guess how fat it is now

I have an induction scheduled @41w (7/11) so there's an endpoint if it doesn't come on it's own before that
Considered doing some jumping jacks to encourage the wee tike?

• Gravy
Reactions: august
The patent just expired for the centrifugal force birthing machine

blonsky_edit(1).gif

I am hesitant to do any of the things people list as labor-causing since it usually means it causes contractions, but contractions with a snapped shut cervix is just going to be squishing the bean against a closed exit. I need something that ALSO causes dilation/effacement, which afaik means waiting for the induction & the pitocin

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I am hesitant to do any of the things people list as labor-causing since it usually means it causes contractions, but contractions with a snapped shut cervix is just going to be squishing the bean against a closed exit. I need something that ALSO causes dilation/effacement, which afaik means waiting for the induction & the pitocin

apparently sex is one of the things that cause both at the same time. Logistically challenging however.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and august