Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

i know ya'lls new place is pretty spacious. Any reason you cant just baby proof the whole room, and give her the run of it? Baby gate on the door, nothing too tall to climb on, no sharp corners?

Its worked well for us.

i know ya'lls new place is pretty spacious. Any reason you cant just baby proof the whole room, and give her the run of it? Baby gate on the door, nothing too tall to climb on, no sharp corners?

Its worked well for us.
She does have her own room so yes this is possible and likely what we'll do. I just have to decide if I keep the crib to use as a toddler bed later or just build her one when we get there.

I've had sisters that keep their babies in cribs till almost three without incident. What is with our babies crawling out before 18 months?
Oh man, I think collectively my kids spent a grand total of .74381 nights in their crib. Even with the toddler rail on they wouldn't sleep through the night in their own rooms until we put them in the "big kid beds".

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL
This is the stuff we've got going on

https://www.babysleepsite.com/sleep-training/montessori-floor-beds-baby-toddler-sleep/

kiddo can get up in the night and get stuff she needs, water, etc. Can play with her toys in teh morning when she wakes, or before bed.

the sawhorse,

il_570xN.455124444_cf8o.jpg

appears to be a a noose modification. -1 parenting point.

Unless impressing brony by reducing your carbon footprint with sustainable resources was the goal.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes
yeah, that shit is dumb. Dont have that, or the tables or chairs, etc. ITs pretty much an empty room.

Granted, this is supposed to be for kids of varying ages, gotta adjust to the "level of killing self ability"

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and Amstel
She doesn't sleep in her own bed all night anyway. She wakes somewhere between 11-5 and spends the rest of the night in ours. So if she wakes up she'll just come crawl into bed with us.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
She doesn't sleep in her own bed all night anyway. She wakes somewhere between 11-5 and spends the rest of the night in ours. So if she wakes up she'll just come crawl into bed with us.
My son still does this every night and he's almost 5. Honestly I'll probably be really sad when they finally stop doing that though.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
right? We never had that problem. There was the rare rough night that I'd sit in her room with her until she fell asleep, but there was no way I was going to start the 'come sleep with us' routine.
Lol amstel, you just got lucky. So many parents I know bragged about their kid sleeping, and they slept soundly with their first, and then apologized to everyone in sight when their second kid was a different kind of sleeper.

When @Domon talked about his adorable baby sleeping through, I was thinking DON'T JINX IT DOMON.

My first was/is still to an extent an insomniac, the second loves to sleep.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
First baby was a bad sleeper till about a year when I gave up and put her in a big bed then she slept all night. Second was a great sleeper but towards the separation/divorce did like to sneak in with me. I had a queen sized bed to myself and he didn't move much so I didn't mind. He got booted after I met my husband. Third was a great sleeper, hardly ever tried to sleep with me. This last one has just been horrible. If putting her on our bed (king sized so plenty of room) means I get a mostly full nights sleep most of the time I'll take it.

• Gravy
First baby was a bad sleeper till about a year when I gave up and put her in a big bed then she slept all night. Second was a great sleeper but towards the separation/divorce did like to sneak in with me. I had a queen sized bed to myself and he didn't move much so I didn't mind. He got booted after I met my husband. Third was a great sleeper, hardly ever tried to sleep with me. This last one has just been horrible. If putting her on our bed (king sized so plenty of room) means I get a mostly full nights sleep most of the time I'll take it.
My daughter would come into our room in the night, and we'd put her back in her bed after she fell back asleep, but often she'd be back in a couple of hours, so I'd often just leave her in our bed.

I ended up putting her old crib mattress on the floor of our bedroom and she could sleep there. I inched it toward the door gradually week by week, until it was outside the door. She actually would sleep there. :D Then she finally stayed in her room, but still is a terrible sleeper. Son has always gone to sleep without any drama-- I was amazed!

right? We never had that problem. There was the rare rough night that I'd sit in her room with her until she fell asleep, but there was no way I was going to start the 'come sleep with us' routine.
Tonight is one of those rare nights. 4 molars coming in at once.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Lol amstel, you just got lucky. So many parents I know bragged about their kid sleeping, and they slept soundly with their first, and then apologized to everyone in sight when their second kid was a different kind of sleeper.

When @Domon talked about his adorable baby sleeping through, I was thinking DON'T JINX IT DOMON.

My first was/is still to an extent an insomniac, the second loves to sleep.
Ha, we'll find out by this time next year

• Gravy
ya'll must hate sleep.
It's been over 8 years, I don't even miss it anymore. What I miss is being able to stay up later than 8:30

Tonight is one of those rare nights. 4 molars coming in at once.

Teething is the absolute worst, most horrible, painful and most awful thing one can go through... and it's hard on the kids too.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes