Not open for further replies.

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,323
Steam
mattressfish
So UF has now been converted away from vBulletin over to Xenforo. This completes the biggest part of the move. Over the next few days, I'll re-add all (or most) of the functionality we had previously.

List of shit to do includes:
Tapatalk
Instagram thread
(Maybe) Lighter colored theme

FlyMart
Community Moderation (thread rating open/close thread)
Search
Image Uploader
Smileys
Fix the text boxes in dark theme

ALT+S
Worksafe theme
Increase unread thread visibility in dark theme

Last edited:
I think the most obvious change now is that we'll allow avatars. These are only available through the Gravatar service. To implement them, sign up at Gravatar (https://en.gravatar.com/) with the same email address you use here. Then mouse over your name in the upper-ish right corner, and click on avatar. Now enter the same email address you signed up at Gravatar with.

For those of you (and me) who find avatars annoying, if you don't select an avatar, you won't see them in threads.

Note: Smilies must be work/child/grandma safe.

Last edited:
Private Messages:
The new messaging system is pretty neat. Instead of the crazy fractured PM system from vBulletin, this allows you to essentially create a private thread that can be shared with multiple people.

Tapatalk:
You might need to remove and readd the forum in Tapatalk. I had to. Although once you do, you should be able to gravy people!

To go to the last post in a thread:
Click the little dot to the left of the thread tag, as seen here:

AgrpjFM.png

How to mass delete PMs (leave conversations):

Check the box next to one of the conversations, hit the Select All box, and chose Other Actions > Leave Conversations

QRPFVnT.png

How to use selective quote:

Xenforo has a new feature that was added with the recent upgrade. It's called selective quote. This feature allows you to highlight a part of someone's post. Once you do, a small popup will appear, giving you the option to quote part of the post. There is also a second option to add it to a multi-quote. So if you want to break someone's message up into 30 pieces and reply to each - that just got A LOT easier.

Like this:
fDgMPja.png

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
Status
Not open for further replies.