Ontopic The non-motorized transportation thread

Specialized, Mongoose, Or Trek. Can't go wrong with any of those, really.

Iirc, mongoose sold out to Walmart and they now make low grade shit. There's also giant and Gary Fisher. Absolutely buy it from Craigslist because so many people buy bikes and never use them. Let them take the loss.

Iirc, mongoose sold out to Walmart and they now make low grade shit. There's also giant and Gary Fisher. Absolutely buy it from Craigslist because so many people buy bikes and never use them. Let them take the loss.

Good advice here on the craigslist thing. Don't buy new.

I was thinking giant or specialized. Was for sure going to craigslist, I'm not about to throw down $400+ for a new bike. Like you said, lots of people buy them with the intention of going riding and never do. I love CL.
Yes. Rear suspension no unless it can be locked down for everyday use. It absorbs your pedal power.
I wasn't even considering rear suspension bikes for this reason.

I was thinking giant or specialized. Was for sure going to craigslist, I'm not about to throw down $400+ for a new bike. Like you said, lots of people buy them with the intention of going riding and never do. I love CL.

I wasn't even considering rear suspension bikes for this reason.

I rode a giant for years. I'd buy again.

if I could skip everywhere I would

:lol: I used to do this down the hallways @ ReMax when I worked in office. :fly:

It was nothing new to everyone, just Juli being retarded. but really, it's an excellent way to "wake yourself up" when you get into that whole afternoon slump.

I went on a kick a couple of years back where i was looking for a hybrid bike. Never did find one i liked.

I wanted fenders, the mid-tires which can still go reasonably fast on a road, but have some tread for dirt paths and stuff, and suspension

I went on a kick a couple of years back where i was looking for a hybrid bike. Never did find one i liked.

I wanted fenders, the mid-tires which can still go reasonably fast on a road, but have some tread for dirt paths and stuff, and suspension

Look up cyclocross bikes.

I just bought a raleigh roper and got full fenders/rack and panniers.

interesting, theyve got the slightly more upright stance too that doesnt kill my back (thats another thing i liked in the hybirds, i dont like basically laying down on a road bike

on a completely differnet note, hows the diet/weightloss/health stuff you started a while back going?

interesting, theyve got the slightly more upright stance too that doesnt kill my back (thats another thing i liked in the hybirds, i dont like basically laying down on a road bike

on a completely differnet note, hows the diet/weightloss/health stuff you started a while back going?

not well

:/

Its especially tough with your weirdass work schedule i imagine, along with your crippling self-esteem issues.