Ontopic The non-motorized transportation thread

Yes. Rear suspension no unless it can be locked down for everyday use. It absorbs your pedal power.

My old GT i-drive is designed in such a way that the rear suspension doesn't absorb pedal power, but then at around $4500 it's probably higher end than you want.

Last edited:
Oooh I'm planning on a few new walks this weekend - approx 3hours long through fields and woodland mainly. I'll be sure to post picture. Other than that DJB just fixed up my bike so I can go on bike trails too which I think I'll do today after the post has arrived.

I remember before the segway came out there was talk of it absolutely revolutionizing the human race because it would eliminate walking

also, since two of my favorite brits are in the thread and I can sort of relate this to transportation since I watched a dalek get up a flight of stairs: the fake american accents in doctor who are hilariously bad. is that how y'all feel when an american actor puts on a fake british accent? reference: iron man in sherlock holmes

I remember before the segway came out there was talk of it absolutely revolutionizing the human race because it would eliminate walking

also, since two of my favorite brits are in the thread and I can sort of relate this to transportation since I watched a dalek get up a flight of stairs: the fake american accents in doctor who are hilariously bad. is that how y'all feel when an american actor puts on a fake british accent? reference: iron man in sherlock holmes

I guess it only really grates when it's a quintessentially British character like Holmes. One of the problems is that we hear regional accents more on TV now so it seems odd having someone try and speak in a 'proper' British accent. No-one speaks how Americans think the British speak any more anyway.

So I just completed the 3 hour walk and am now back home by 9.30am for a cup of Earl Grey. Hot. Will redo the walk tomorrow I think as my camera was out of juice, some beautiful scenery especially in the woodland where the bluebells and snowdrops are out in the thousands. Looks like Elvish country.

Scenes from my walk this morning. We did the same route as yesterday but took a shortcut back because the 3 hours yesterday morning left my knees screaming in pain. The village/surrounding area is where D. H. Lawrence lived :) I think 3 hours of constant walking is my max unless somehow my joints get magically better.

EdhRU7I.jpg

JkuQzL4.jpg

ME3GhA6.jpg

3tubjck.jpg

omg best thread evaaar

i love running.
i went for a run this AM (not very long cuz my asthma is acting up)
i have my treadmill in the basement too (but thats not non-motorrized :fly: )

walks and runs are amazing