Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/lp/nikeplus-fuelband

Seen this?

It's an electronically enabled livestrong band that uses an accelerometer to track activity, including sleep cycles and such, and downloads your biometric info to your smartphone.

It then awards achievements...

Has it gotten so bad that we need shit like this to track even the most mundane info in our lives? Do we really need an IRL achievement system? Is our future destined to become 'idiocracy'?

No it hasn't gotten so bad, it's just Nike finally utilizing a fundamental flaw in the psychological makeup of human beings.

Humans love to push-button : get-bacon. It's the same as any rewards based system, do you know any parent that doesn't let their children play unless they clean their room and do their homework? What is so different about this?

You go to a job that you hate because they give you a paycheck. It is the exact same system

Did you learn how to oversimply a counter argument to the point of making it irrelevant from enemy?

Using a wristband to record your biometrics and record them to a smart phone app is not the 'exact same system' as doing a job to get paid which provides food and shelter. The motivations aren't even the same.

No, actually I learned that from following my gf's notes during the time she was earning her Master's degree. Working for pay is one of the most popular examples of positive reinforcement as it's something that everyone who studies any type of conditioning can relate to.

Ask Mort about it, or go read some wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reward_system

I'm not getting into an enemy level discussion where you try to rationalize two things so radically different from each other in the 'important shit of our life' scale.

You're an idiot. Seriously, it's a well documented system, but you don't want to get into an discussion about it because you don't understand anything about it?
@Mortlach please get in here

Last edited by a moderator:
You're an idiot. Seriously, it's a well documented system, but you don't want to get into an discussion about it because you don't understand anything about it?
@Mortlach please get in here

Nice. Now with the name calling. This has gone full enemy.

But no. I'm not the one who isn't thinking clearly here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ain't backpedaling shit. I have said all along that you are wrong, and my stance hasn't changed.

Do you know what backpedaling means?

I like how you've completely gone away from the topic at hand, namely that this Nike product is a decent example of using inherent human behavior to better ourselves.

To better ourselves?

My original point is this does not better ourselves at all, but instead lessons ourselves as we take away something we always have done for ourselves and let a digital device do it for us instead.