The New NBA Dress Code

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
On Monday, the NBA announced in a memo to teams that a dress code will go into effect at the start of the season. Saying players must dress in ``business casual'' attire, the league banned items such as sleeveless shirts, shorts, sunglasses while indoors, and headphones during team or league business.

The policy also requires players on the bench who are not in uniform to wear sport jackets, shoes and socks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nbadresscode-stern&prov=ap&type=lgns

Most of you have seen this but what do you think about it?

I think it's totally fair. They pay the players unbelievable sums of money and they still act like thugs most of the time.

Some are calling it racist because it you can't wear visible chains or medallions. I just call that tasteful. Can we help it that most of the white people stopped that practice when disco died?

Others are complaining that they market themselves and the NBA to a hip hop crowd and that's why they wear their doo rags, sunglasses, headphones, etc. while riding the bench. Which I also say is bull.

I like it. Unfortunately basketball is still a bunch of faggots running around in their underwear.

I have no problem with it. I totally agree with you that the "no chains or medallions" thing isn't racist, it's just tasteful. Some people get way too touchy about that sort of stuff.

I don't like basketball really. I enjoy playing it but have no urge watching freak of nature super tall guys running back and forth.

They are role models to a huge portion of society and they are constantly busted for rape, shootings, etc. They are payed enough to behave.

batsdontswim said:
I have no problem with it. I totally agree with you that the "no chains or medallions" thing isn't racist, it's just tasteful. Some people get way too touchy about that sort of stuff.

I don't even care about taste. One of those chains swinging around can cause some damage

Basketball is a ghetto sport with ghetto players and ghetto fans.

Why they felt the need to try and class it up is beyond me.

b_sinning said:
I couldn't believe some of them bitching about having to buy dress clothes either. WTF.

One dumb bunny who makes millions of dollars a year actually asked for a clothing stipend.

Sarcasmo said:
Basketball is a ghetto sport with ghetto players and ghetto fans.

Why they felt the need to try and class it up is beyond me.

The ghetto residents typically don't buy season tickets. The ones that do are getting afraid of being shot or robbed at the games.

ha. i was watching this on sportscenter this morning. seriously retarded that they're bitching so much.

they interviewed one player who actually didn't disagree with the policy, and as he said, "it's our job. people are supposed to dress nice when they go to their jobs, i don't see what the problem is."

damn right. retards.

If I'm paying someone a few million dollars a year to play a game then I expect him to dress however the hell I want. If I say you're playing this week in speedos then he better be ready to have his nuts smashed.

One of the main people bitching is that player that got into a fight with bystanders during a game in the stands.

It's awesome to hear a bunch of overpaid whiny pussies complaining about having to go out and buy a pair of $35 Dockers pants and a $20 buttoned/collared shirt to wear to their games.

Sarcasmo said:
It's awesome to hear a bunch of overpaid whiny pussies complaining about having to go out and buy a pair of $35 Dockers pants and a $20 buttoned/collared shirt to wear to their games.

haha, like they'd ever stoop so low.

they're going to bitch because they can't be seen in anything less than a $10,000 suit, after they drove up to the game in their fucking lamborghini or ferrari.