the new Jetta

H

Harper

first pics of the new jetta

http://www.vw.com/itscoming/

i dunno what to think... kinda just looks like an accord now to me... and it is losing the front grill structure i was really fond of for silly chrome.

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
^_^
Marklar
₥5.00
Marklar
M5
personally, I like the look more, because it's more aggressive

but for the jetta I think this is a bad thing, since its most common owner is a girl in her early to mid twenties - I would guess that in the end this will hurt sales since it won't appeal to its core buyer's group

Dory

Dory Two Times
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥6,816.90
Marklar
M6,817
elpmis said:
personally, I like the look more, because it's more aggressive

but for the jetta I think this is a bad thing, since its most common owner is a girl in her early to mid twenties - I would guess that in the end this will hurt sales since it won't appeal to its core buyer's group
Looks like a girly car to me, sort of reminds me of the Bug.

K

Kabn

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hmm, it does kind of look like an Acura TSX.

I'd love to drive one with the TDI engine, DSG tranny and AWD
:wtf:

maybe it's because i'm an Acura fanboy, but i think it looks much more like a dodge neon.

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593.23
Marklar
M3,593
Kabn said:
:wtf:

maybe it's because i'm an Acura fanboy, but i think it looks much more like a dodge neon.

Wow. So you and I are in aggreement then. Stratus and Neon are very close in their design. Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it.

K

Kabn

Coqui said:
Wow. So you and I are in aggreement then. Stratus and Neon are very close in their design. Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it.
yep; that was the first thing that hit me. the grill, headlights, and hood are disturbingly similar.
ChikkenNoodul said:
Could be, though I hate the way Dodge cars (except for the magnum) look, so I would never insult something that way.
historically, dodge cars have been plain and not very streamlined. they're getting better, though.

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
Marklar
₥157.32
Marklar
M157
I don't like it. That front grille is kinda weird.

Though after all the whoring that Ford did in American Dreams last night, the new Mustangs look pretty sweet.