Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Then you're almost there now! Just gotta get a couple hoopties before you die of liver failure.
What?

Edit: I had to Google what a hooptie was.

Isnt that counter intuitive? If you die upside down on your luxury car loan you kinda win.

My POS car is broken in ways that I don't feel like fixing. It's not worth the money. So I suddenly need a new vehicle. I'm looking at hybrid SUVs. Don't care whether it is plug-in hybrid or not. I need a vehicle with lots of cargo space for family trips, a comfy interior for a tall guy, but I don't want to go full electric because there are times when my travel cannot include a long stop to recharge. Thoughts?
Not a hybrid, still gets 25+mpg highway with no environment ruining batteries, Mrs. Chikken’s Odyssey van is pretty sweet.

I looked at a supercharged Jag XKR the week after she bought it, and it was slower on the backroads than the Odyssey.

It’s a true 8 passenger with a removable 2nd row middle seat, tons of room.

My Suburban has less legroom in the 3rd row.

Hey now, my main rig is a dopey ass corolla. Comes in who cares gray, has some badass hubcaps. And it's the LE model, so it has keyless entry and shit. Fancy.

I really wanted to throw a 2GR-FE in it when I had it apart doing the clutch job, and was looking through classifieds for old V6 RAV4s and whatever that I could steal a motor and other parts from. But that never materialized, then I sold the house and had to fix the car in a panic.

My car with a 300hp NA V6 in it would be the best fucking sleeper ever.

Hey now, my main rig is a dopey ass corolla. Comes in who cares gray, has some badass hubcaps. And it's the LE model, so it has keyless entry and shit. Fancy.

I really wanted to throw a 2GR-FE in it when I had it apart doing the clutch job, and was looking through classifieds for old V6 RAV4s and whatever that I could steal a motor and other parts from. But that never materialized, then I sold the house and had to fix the car in a panic.

Can I have the 'rolla engine (the 2.5?) for my silver with steelies yaris?

There are videos of sleeper rollas on youtube. It's pretty funny.

And right on cue the Z32 is kicking up again. The idle air control valve is getting dicky, so I sprayed the everloving cock out of it with PB Blaster.

Can't fuckin' believe the cost of a new OEM unit, $1200.

So I went and ordered a universal replacement body with a Ford PWM valve: https://www.wiringspecialties.com/driftmotion-universal-remote-mount-idle-speed-control/

Now I can finally swap the stupid O-ringed balance tube out for some -12AN hoses (which I threaded the plenum for years ago, but ran out of steam to actually finish the job), and a 12-12-10 tee fitting for that valve to link up with.