Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Also, I cut up two cylinder heads from a V8 to make a single cylinder head for an I6. Your argument is invalid.
I do think it's cool y'all (apostrophe signifying a contraction of the words you and all, where it belongs) got the knowledge and skills to do stuff like that. I just wonder if y'all ain't too far off in the weeds with it so as to ignore the practical, or just work within the limitations of the day.

You could, righteously, call those self-imposed limitations or era-dependent limitations I suppose.

Stupid ebay headlight came with the wrong projector for the low beam. I have spares for most of that shit, so I dug in and got the correct 9006 low beam projector mounted in the new housing.

For whatever reason, the new bulb has the (virtually unobtainable, yet desirable) European glass, so I salvaged the glass, and swapped the correct projector over.

Original projector on the left, correct one in the housing:
messages_0(11).jpeg

Done, just waiting for bulbs.
messages_0(12).jpeg

Maybe yield right of way to the thing that we took over it's natural living space next time, eh.

Swapped the spare bumper beam in my attic onto the front of the Audi. Got the weird projector swapped out, and now I'm just waiting for the patches and filler to come in the mail so I can start mending the bumper.

Mad Max style (and because @AppleTurkey loves drama, she ran over a screw yesterday and will need a new RF tire):
messages_0(13).jpeg

Bumper's in the back yard waiting for my attention:
messages_0(14).jpeg

To do what, exactly?

Why don't you guys just enjoy shit for what it is and roll with that?

We got a guy here that just bought a 2018 mazda and is already pulling the dash out.

Another one got something built in 1968 and farts around giving it fuel injection and a 5-speed.

They worked fine like they were made, you know. You're supposed to adjust your lifestyle to them not the other way around.

I don't try to make my 98 Ford play music off my phone. Didn't try to make my 56 GMC have power steering, or power brakes, or wishbone suspension either. It still had leaf springs and drums on the front, and it worked fine if you worked with it instead of against it.

Sometimes I think you guys like to pound your head against the wall just for fun
Number one, doing a lot of the shit you mention is fun.

Number B: You seriously never change *anything* in your home, property, or car? If you do, then add it to your list above.

I do think it's cool y'all (apostrophe signifying a contraction of the words you and all, where it belongs) got the knowledge and skills to do stuff like that. I just wonder if y'all ain't too far off in the weeds with it so as to ignore the practical, or just work within the limitations of the day.

You could, righteously, call those self-imposed limitations or era-dependent limitations I suppose.
There's an ass for every seat, and apparently the one in my Pontiac isn't for yours.

I'd have been happy with the 4 speed and carb, but it's also not only me in the equation - my father wants to have a little fun before he dies, and he needs a few things: 1) that the car starts when you turn the f'n key, and 2) a lighter clutch than we can get with the mechanical linkage.

That the 5 speed came along with the lighter clutch is of no consequence for me, honestly.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
This is why I don't buy new shit, but buy 2-3 year old cars that are half depreciated already.

I can't comprehend spending that much on a car.

I dunno how high yours are. It made me feel a lot better paying $400/mo for @AppleTurkey's VW, though. I got the best APR I've ever gotten on any loan, ever (or probably ever will again), at 2.9%.
Fair bit higher than that, and I'm still rebuilding my credit so the APR is kinda shit (not the worst I've seen, but nothing to be proud of)
I can afford it and the payments will help me with my credit at least.

Needs fine tuning, but by gods its so much better.

7IkMvv4.jpg