Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Animated GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
Monkey see other monkey have truck, monkey need truck too!

(Monkey not good at truck, monkey stare at lap while truck go all over.)

And then there's the modded-to-uselessness brodozer that parks blocking a commercial driveway I need, every fucking day.

Monkey see other monkey have truck, monkey need truck too!

(Monkey not good at truck, monkey stare at lap while truck go all over.)

And then there's the modded-to-uselessness brodozer that parks blocking a commercial driveway I need, every fucking day.
One of the towns I work in is like a trashy beach community where everyone has a lifted F250 with mud tires and cow catchers. Doesnt matter you cant make it down half the narrow streets at night because everyone has their too large not worktruck parked on the street.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
One of the towns I work in is like a trashy beach community where everyone has a lifted F250 with mud tires and cow catchers. Doesnt matter you cant make it down half the narrow streets at night because everyone has their too large not worktruck parked on the street.
I'm mostly in PA hill country so not too much street parking. The issue is some of these roads (mostly unlined) I take up fully half the width, or more, with my wheels on the edge and an eighth-turn of play in the steering. Lot of people just have no clue where their wheels are and push into my lane. I drop onto the shoulder a lot.

It extra sucks because my only safety device is a seatbelt and my employer goes further than who was at fault when evaluating my responsibility for accidents. To the point where somebody can blow a stop and t-bone me and the response is "well you should have been prepared for that". Which is good driving and what I do, but incredibly frustrating considering how shitty and uncaring so many are while in charge of multiple tons of plastic and steel.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I had to replace the wastegate control solenoid in the Audi, and the only thing available now is some weak ass bullshit that only holds 15 PSI on a 1.5 bar spring (7psi manifold pressure), now I have to go get a heavier spring and a new diaphragm to compensate.

Found the voltage drop in the 240Z. It's the heavy wire between the alternator and the starter. Probably just needs me to reterminate it, but I have a whole mess of 2 gauge (currently the wire is 4 gauge) and fittings, so I'll likely just make a new wire.

• Gravy
Found the voltage drop in the 240Z. It's the heavy wire between the alternator and the starter. Probably just needs me to reterminate it, but I have a whole mess of 2 gauge (currently the wire is 4 gauge) and fittings, so I'll likely just make a new wire.
Idk if youve looked at wire prices but I'd save everything I could.

• Gravy
Just stopping by to report my luxury car passed inspection yesterday just rolling it through there just like it rolls every other day. Didn't even have to do so much as change a lightbulb.
Maybe someday when you guys finally tire of spending countless hours turning wrenches on shitty machinery you'll forego that nonsense and get something quality like a Buick. Try it sometime, your wives will thank you.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly