Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Miatas are literally the ideal of a car.
Adjacent point: a Crown Vic is the car.

You think "This is a mode of transportation with 4 wheels and 4 doors that you can fix" you think Crown Vic. No flash. Comfy ride. Built like a tank. Literally the no frills transportation device. Function over form and gas milage. (Except the plastic coolant crossover, whatever the fuck that was about).

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

You think "This is a mode of transportation with 4 wheels and 4 doors that you can fix" you think Crown Vic. No flash. Comfy ride. Built like a tank. Literally the no frills transportation device. Function over form and gas milage. (Except the plastic coolant crossover, whatever the fuck that was about).
Shitty suspension.

I can think of better body on frame sedans.

Hell, I've owned a better body on frame sedan.

omg I'd totally roll that.
Get yer checkbook out.

Oooo... God damn, son. That's a sexy ass boat. Second biggest engine Cadillac ever came out with, I think.

You get that last one, I'll help make sure its maintained and running right.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Get yer checkbook out.

Oooo... God damn, son. That's a sexy ass boat. Second biggest engine Cadillac ever came out with, I think.

@fly, buy the first one or the last one. They're the only ones in that list worth the scratch. I'd put dollars to donuts that the '89 Bro-ham is equipped with the terrible 305 Chevy.

Got a few punch list shits I'm going to get done on the GTO this weekend - replace the 5/16" return line on the power steering, as it looks like it's being a leaky bitch; adjust the driver's door, as it's sagging in the back; and break in the new distributor.

I think it's pretty close to not leaking any fluid at all. Did the rear seal on the transmission a few weeks ago, and haven't seen anything back there, tightened the oil pan screws up a bit, and it hasn't been oozing around the pan seal since then, which just leaves the power steering.

Should probably get the 5 3/4" Hella E-codes out of the attic and put them on the GTO too, because it sucks to drive that shit at night with the sealed beams.

Get yer checkbook out.

@APRIL would divorce me. :lol:

• Angry
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and APRIL