Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Tonneau covers are for people who bought a pickup and then had buyers remorse.
I bought mine solely because assholes kept throwing their beer cans and crap in my bed as if it were a trash can and the cops on base didn't give enough of a shit to do anything about it. I've since kept it because it is actually handy.

Mine is from Access and I bought it in '05. Its still going strong, and I've heard similar stories of others. I doubt yours is starting to fall apart, has a couple wear marks and some fatigue lines, maybe some stitching along an edge has started to fray.
Suck it up, buttercup. Anti-consumerisim is the new cool thing.
The velcro is coming unstitched from the top, meaning it won't tay in place and just flap int he breeze.

Thanks for playing though, cupcake.

had a high idle in the Z this morning, pulled over to check it, and a piece of hose with a nail in it that I was using as a vacuum cap... no longer had the nail.

I hope the nail fell down outside the engine instead of getting sucked into it. Guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Starting to think its time to put the truck on the back burner and get something with a bit more MPG, more sporty, and with working AC. Anyone have thoughts?
  • RWD or AWD preferred but not necessary
  • First digit of the year has to have a 2
  • Has to fit me, and at 6'1" the Answer is likely out of the running
  • Sporty-ish at a minimum
    • Probably means not too heavy, like a Dodge
  • $4000-6000 range?
  • Reliable
I love me a wagon, I also could enjoy a convertible. Maybe a BMW? certain Subarus? Volvo wagon?

I'm not a huge fan of Nissan/Infiniti, and I haven't decided on auto or manual

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Starting to think its time to put the truck on the back burner and get something with a bit more MPG, more sporty, and with working AC. Anyone have thoughts?
  • RWD or AWD preferred but not necessary
  • First digit of the year has to have a 2
  • Has to fit me, and at 6'1" the Answer is likely out of the running
  • Sporty-ish at a minimum
    • Probably means not too heavy, like a Dodge
  • $4000-6000 range?
  • Reliable
I love me a wagon, I also could enjoy a convertible. Maybe a BMW? certain Subarus? Volvo wagon?

I'm not a huge fan of Nissan/Infiniti, and I haven't decided on auto or manual
Sporting pretensions that excludes a Miata?

IDK about the price range on used anything right this second.

The Toyobaru twins GT86/BRZ are good, reliable and sporty.

Though you specifically call out not liking Nissans, a G or Z with the dual throttlebody VQ (I think they were called the VQ35HR and the VQ37VHR) is an honestly good car. Thirsty, though not as thirsty as your 5L i6.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant