Ontopic The new car-seching thread

My son bought himself a car yesterday. It’s not in his driveway yet, but he’ll have it by tomorrow afternoon. 2017 Kia Soul, 53,000 miles, paid $13k cash.

Took me completely by surprise. I’m being kept out the loop more daily, and I don’t like it nor dislike it. Meh.

Now he has to get a license!

Why the fuck don't any FLAPS carry decent bearings?

No, instead of SKF, Timken, or FAG, I have to look at "NAPA Proformer" or "Duralast". The price difference isn't even that big, IDK how any of them make any money on their cheap shit bearing brands.

Waiting on new bearings for the front of the 240Z (Timken, in case you were wondering, ordered from RockAuto), since I'm swapping vented rotors and big calipers on.

Was given a Clarke spool gun welder a while back. Able to do aluminum. Been an absolute asspain to get it dialed in, but when I did... damn. I'm impressed

The left corner, middle, and right corner are where I tacked it when I was setting everything up. The middle s-weave is after dialing it in.

BDs2PVs.jpg

Was given a Clarke spool gun welder a while back. Able to do aluminum. Been an absolute asspain to get it dialed in, but when I did... damn. I'm impressed

The left corner, middle, and right corner are where I tacked it when I was setting everything up. The middle s-weave is after dialing it in.

BDs2PVs.jpg
very nice, hows the penetration? I dont know how aluminum is supposed to look with a spool welder.

Also small pipe wrench. The harder to pull it the tighter it grips.
Then after you get it out put a normal f'n bolt in there.

I'm beginning to think somebody gave our truck the mal de ojo as some of this shit doesn't fit within conventional, logical, rational paradigms.

You're never gonna find it in the snow.
True. Although statistically, dark vehicles get hit more often because someone didn't notice them than light or white cars. Which is the more worrisome thing, imo. Oddly(?), black gets hit 12% more than white due to "blending in". Yellow and green are pretty safe in that regard. Google it - didn't pluck this from my butt.
@TuhMollie seems to like "if it's light, I know it's clean(at least on the surface) - she has light carpet, she has no brows, now a white car. I bet she keeps that mf spotless!! At least on the outside :)

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer