Ontopic The new car-seching thread

you can play games with pre-heating the metal to get around it, but honestly for thick shit that doesnt have to be pretty just bust out the stick.
I think stick is often prettier and cleaner. And much easier to get into a corner.

I know I'm being a bit dick, but I still wonder if @Mr. Asa has thoroughly scoped out the condition of the trans support bracket and the frame section it bolts to. Motor mounts and trans bracket provide the basic trifecta of support for engine and trans on rear-wheel vehicles. Frontal collisions and old-age have often compromised the distance from the motor mounts to the bracket and the mounts are being asked to do more than their fair share of the work.

xv4c8v3safa61.jpg

The U-pull head unit for the Infiniti had a jammed up CD mechanism, so I had to pull the one off the old head unit (whose fault was that the stupid pre-amp would fade to static periodically).

Disassembled:
apart.jpg

Together:
assembled.jpg

I've mended it, it plays CDs with the new (used) pre-amp installed below the CD mechanism.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Anybody want a Keith Sweat, 50 Cent, Cypress Hill, Ty Dolla Sign, or greatest hits of the 60s CD? Those (plus a burned "Love Songs" CD) were what was in the CD player I bought.

At least you can feel bad about throwing the Cypress Hill CD away.

Fun fact: the first CD player that I owned was purchased out of the back of someone's trunk in my high school's parking lot. It contained To the Extreme. I just wanted to play Pretty Hate Machine and Ritual de lo Habitual.

When portable cd players first came out where i was the big hit was Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise. And wanna be my lover, who i couldnt even tell you who sang.

When portable cd players first came out where i was the big hit was Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise. And wanna be my lover, who i couldnt even tell you who sang.

The CD walkman had already been out 10 years when those songs hit the radio.

I bought my first CD in 1986 at a record store in Newport, RI. Eric Clapton - Slowhand

The CD walkman had already been out 10 years when those songs hit the radio.

I bought my first CD in 1986 at a record store in Newport, RI. Eric Clapton - Slowhand
yeahhh, i lived in rural bumfuck nowhere. 10 years after shit happened in the rest of the world is about when we got it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Anybody want a Keith Sweat, 50 Cent, Cypress Hill, Ty Dolla Sign, or greatest hits of the 60s CD? Those (plus a burned "Love Songs" CD) were what was in the CD player I bought.

I'll give you 50 cent for the whole lot