Ontopic The new car-seching thread

there, I fixed it!

Original 2009 Fit battery gave up the ghost, and I broke the original 2009 battery tiedowns getting the old one out. Paint sticks and cable ties to the rescue, it'll get replaced with a proper ratchet strap tomorrow.

20201123_204502.jpg

Will keep this as brief as I can...

vinyl wrap is finished, buddy did it for me for ~900 + 650 materials, 3M 2080 "Matte Slate Blue Metallic." Lot of really annoying, sometimes expensive complications along the way but the final product looks incredible
I bent my two passenger side factory 1LE wheels on an ENORMOUS crack in the road, am going to submit a claim and get caltrans to pay. Outer rims are not bent, the wheels are "tweaked," probably not repairable. No suspension damage thankfully. I ran out and bought this aftermarket set, almost identical spec as OEM, "Titan7 TT-M6," high quality, well made, they look ok but... I want the 1LE wheels back on ASAP. I tried to order them through my dealer but... they are just under $900 apiece, and the front 1LE wheel is on indefinite backorder. If CalTrans refuses my claim, I will just watch fs/t groups and hope that used single wheels pop up.
camaro102020.png
IMG_20201105_192614.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Darwin has no problem with this.
Well, problem with that is he is expected to fully recover. Skin grafts all over his back and arms, of course, but he'll still have the ability to reproduce.

Maybe its worth it that he did it at a major event and some people will think twice about building their shitboxes as shitboxes?

Pulled the trigger on some shiny new bits for the 240Z.

16 way adjustable coilover struts:
240z_260z_280z_coilover_coil_over_kit_silver_mine_suspension_camber_lower_spring_shock_tokico_...jpg
Jointed tension rods:
img_5504.jpg

Stock tension rod setup is a set of rubber bushings on a solid rod. This fails one of two ways, either the mount deflects and distorts over time (as the bushings wear out), or you put polyurethane bushings on, then the cast iron rod will snap instead.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
File a damage claim with the department of transportation for a crack in the road? Wtf.

I know plenty of people that do autocrossing in full on fire gear. Generally they run highly modified cars, though
Yeah, I do what's required by the sanctioning body.

SCCA and PCA generally require close-toed shoes, long trousers, a shirt, and a helmet with the right rating (I still need to pick up a new helmet for next season). I do carry fire extinguishers in the car, but I've gone to a lot of trouble to make sure the fire-water stays where the fire-water belongs.

Will keep this as brief as I can...

vinyl wrap is finished, buddy did it for me for ~900 + 650 materials, 3M 2080 "Matte Slate Blue Metallic." Lot of really annoying, sometimes expensive complications along the way but the final product looks incredible
I bent my two passenger side factory 1LE wheels on an ENORMOUS crack in the road, am going to submit a claim and get caltrans to pay. Outer rims are not bent, the wheels are "tweaked," probably not repairable. No suspension damage thankfully. I ran out and bought this aftermarket set, almost identical spec as OEM, "Titan7 TT-M6," high quality, well made, they look ok but... I want the 1LE wheels back on ASAP. I tried to order them through my dealer but... they are just under $900 apiece, and the front 1LE wheel is on indefinite backorder. If CalTrans refuses my claim, I will just watch fs/t groups and hope that used single wheels pop up.
View attachment 12884
View attachment 12885
That garage is a pig sty!