Ontopic The new car-seching thread

So yesterday the truck started spitting, sputtering, choking out. Couldn't barely touch the gas pedal and it would do it, like how it would if fuel pressure dropped or throttle position sensor went bad. So both of those tested good, for the minute I checked them at least, and now driving around with the fuel pressure gauge hooked up of course I can't get it to do the choking out thing it did yesterday LOL.

So yesterday the truck started spitting, sputtering, choking out. Couldn't barely touch the gas pedal and it would do it, like how it would if fuel pressure dropped or throttle position sensor went bad. So both of those tested good, for the minute I checked them at least, and now driving around with the fuel pressure gauge hooked up of course I can't get it to do the choking out thing it did yesterday LOL.
misfiring cylinder? or bad MAF?

Got it to do it again. After running around for an hour or more. Floor it, fuel pressure drops way low. Pull vacuum line off the regulator, still does same thing. Gets progressively worse the longer it runs.
Time for a pump I guess.

3 cheers for mid-late 90s Motorcraft fuel pumps.
This 98 and the one in the 96 are the only 2 I've ever had that went weak first and let you know something was wrong.
Every other vehicle regardless of make was all or nothing. Not the slightest hint of any problem until they left you stranded wherever they happened to crap out at.
These ones let you limp home.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
@fly I used your mechanic.com yesterday. Bobby was competent and cordial and did a good job tuning up my Prius. Sparkplugs and cables.
Sure beats paying triple due to my Boston accent here in the South.
Bless their hearts.
been a super solid service for me too, and way way cheaper, and no shitty upsells or "all your shit is broke" scams.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Finished wiring the Datsun's wiring, reinstalled all the dash components, and started on V2 of the fuel line setup (to remove rubber bits held by zip ties near rotating steel pieces and replace those with hard line).

I've got the line bent, got the fittings installed, got the insulators drilled out (since I'm going with 9.5mm feed and 8mm return instead of 8mm feed and 4mm return), just ran out of day. I'm taking tomorrow off since it's my birthday, and I'll finish up.

The "fancy" replacement radio I put in my truck seems to have died.
Of course the wife was driving it at the time so I blame her
Think I still have the oem radio around so Ill probably just stick it back in. The way the windshield/dash are angled, there always seems to be a glare on the screen and I could never see it anyways.

I don't recall it as being very long ago you were doing the replacement speaker/radio thing.