Ontopic The new car-seching thread

he’s never owned one lol they look great and are reasonably priced. he says he wanted one for 2 years then sell it and get different car. it’s normal for him to buy sporty cars every couple of years
a Chevrolet is the most ghetto he would be driving

He should get a 69 Stingray convertible, then y'all can be Barbie & Ken.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Got the wires in the Datsun.

I was priming the oil pump to start the thing, but ran out of juice, so it's on the charger now. It was at about 8V when cranking.

Modifications done to the wiring harness (outside of being brand new copper front to back): bypassed the ballast resistor (it has HEI now instead of a breaker point), got rid of the voltage regulator (it has an internally regulated alternator), added a circuit for the electric fuel pump, moved the battery into the back on a kill switch, and put the headlights (halogen H4s instead of sealed beam crap) on a relayed, fused circuit.

Decided I'm going to go back under the car and bend some 3/8" hardlines for fuel through the transmission tunnel too, since I can put those through the stock rubber bungs instead of the half-assed way the rubber lines are run now.

Primed again, and figured out that the distributor was 180° out.

Re-stabbed the quill, primed again, and corrected some wiring, and it fired right up. It was even right on at 15°BTDC for timing too.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
So I bought a Chevy Bolt and I love it. However, I had issues with the dealership so I filled out that dealer survey and rated it kinda low. The next day I got a personal text message from my salesman sarcastically thanking me for giving him a low score and tried to explain how he helped me and that he was just trying to get me in a new car. Now I just feel guilty every time I get in my new car that I love and drive it.

So I bought a Chevy Bolt and I love it. However, I had issues with the dealership so I filled out that dealer survey and rated it kinda low. The next day I got a personal text message from my salesman sarcastically thanking me for giving him a low score and tried to explain how he helped me and that he was just trying to get me in a new car. Now I just feel guilty every time I get in my new car that I love and drive it.

What issues did you have?

Txt him back a dick pic

What issues did you have?
The salesman never explained my car, how to charge, going over pairing my phone, the app, etc. Never talked about extended warranty or maintenance plans. Never talked about electricians for getting Level 2 charger installed even though Chevy has a list of certified people to work with. Never met with the service department of the dealer. Never did a car walk through. Didn't assist in getting the paperwork done for the Texas rebate for EV car sales. The finance guy, in the pandemic we are in, in the highly infected state that I am in, did not wear a mask and closed the door while we were signing papers, of which all we got for the car sale was one bill of receipt and that was it. When I brought my car in for trade in, they were going to give me $5000 until I told them Carmax was going to give me over $9500 to which they very quickly changed their tunes. I did a lot of leg work, getting papers ready for all of the rebates and such so that there wasn't any bargaining at all, but still they played the game of walking back and forth for 4+ hours, even after was I preapproved for a loan and could just cut them a check. The car I test drove was beat up with scratches everywhere, bad alignment, smokey interior, etc.

Now a lot of this stuff I can do myself, but when I wasn't even offered the help and I had to bring up anything, I did the leg work for all of the rebates and such, I did the research on the car, why is a dealer even involved (because Texas anti-Tesla laws are pathetic, and with Gigafactory moving into Austin hysterical)?

I have an issue with the tint the dealership put in, but I am afraid to go to them to get it looked at now.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I even tried to remove the review, but they wouldn't. They said negative reviews have a manager call, but alas that hasn't happened yet, either.