Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I need to figure out how I'm going to arrange seating.

My thoughts on it were roughly these two options:

1593309979_image_mmthumb.png

The top one would have the cooler and any fishing gear up front, and you'd have the seat fold down in order to get to the gas tank and any storage stuff in the back.

Bottom one would allow for a cooler to be in back and more open storage, seat would fold down in order to get back there to everything.

My concern is with the weight balance for the boat. Normally I won't have people with me, but if I do I'm not sure which would be best for seating. I feel like I might need to mock everything up.

Its been pointed out that the more weight at the rear of the boat, the harder it will be to plane. Looks like I'll be using something closer to the lower image more than the top.

I'm at the point where I need to do the transom and I don't see a great way to get to the "horns" at the top of the transom.

Click the photos for big versions.

Basic view of the transom space

The "horns" that go up under the cap, hard to see, but they go up about 1.5-2 inches under the cap

What I thought about doing is peeling the rubber trim line around and drilling out the rivets holding the cap on. That sounds like a bit of a pain, though.

The boy did research, and came up with a reasonable suggestion for the roadster that I'm going to help him implement.

The car came with no radiator cap, and they're not easy or cheap to find.

Fortunately, the body is the same whether it's a 2000 or a 1600, and the 2000 came with a radiator that has a fill neck, so we'll be picking an aluminum one up for a 2000 from Champion that has a fill neck with a spot for a more standard sized rad cap. To take care of the fill point on the block, he found that the water neck from the 240Z will fit perfectly.

So, I ordered a new water neck and thermostat housing for the Z, and he'll take the old one, and everything will be happy.

we bought a car, traded in the 08 Silverado on a 2020 Subaru Forester, we did check out used/certified pre-owned but the price was still really high even for high(er than we would like) mileage, but we're stoked. I still have the 02 impreza sport wagon, which is in decent shape but also these days I only drive 6 miles each way to my in-laws, so I'm not super worried (also we got good financing & the payments are low enough that we can still save and/or get another car if the impreza shits the bed). the forester has SO MUCH room, both the impreza and the Silverado have such small space in the cab that with the baby seat in, the passenger has no leg room. when we moved the car seat base over, I was able to climb all the way into the back to kneel on it and really get it fastened tight. v stoked. Jason's the one mainly driving it, though, since he's too tall to fit in the impreza comfortably (and also because he actually drives to Madison every day which I, again, do not).

I need to figure out how I'm going to arrange seating.

My thoughts on it were roughly these two options:

1593309979_image_mmthumb.png

The top one would have the cooler and any fishing gear up front, and you'd have the seat fold down in order to get to the gas tank and any storage stuff in the back.

Bottom one would allow for a cooler to be in back and more open storage, seat would fold down in order to get back there to everything.

My concern is with the weight balance for the boat. Normally I won't have people with me, but if I do I'm not sure which would be best for seating. I feel like I might need to mock everything up.
Where do the cannons go?

we bought a car, traded in the 08 Silverado on a 2020 Subaru Forester, we did check out used/certified pre-owned but the price was still really high even for high(er than we would like) mileage, but we're stoked. I still have the 02 impreza sport wagon, which is in decent shape but also these days I only drive 6 miles each way to my in-laws, so I'm not super worried (also we got good financing & the payments are low enough that we can still save and/or get another car if the impreza shits the bed). the forester has SO MUCH room, both the impreza and the Silverado have such small space in the cab that with the baby seat in, the passenger has no leg room. when we moved the car seat base over, I was able to climb all the way into the back to kneel on it and really get it fastened tight. v stoked. Jason's the one mainly driving it, though, since he's too tall to fit in the impreza comfortably (and also because he actually drives to Madison every day which I, again, do not).
tenor.gif

I'm going to reclaim the AGM car battery I have been using for the homemade UPS, and put it back in the auxiliary battery tray in the #PROFESSIONALGRADE.

I need to use a better battery hold down than the rubber shim thing that doesn't work.

The bolt hole is an M8.

Are battery gold down kits pretty much universal in terms of bolt size?

EDIT: maybe this? The tray would bolt down to the factory bolt hole.

Amazon product ASIN B00E3ALEQM