Ontopic The new car-seching thread

#HoseLivesMatter
Look man, I know you're just taking the piss here, but seriously, if you're running worm clamps on a 3 or 4 bar fuel system, you're running a serious risk of burning your shit down, because if you tighten them enough to hold back the pressure, then you're usually cutting into the hose.

If you're running them on heater hose, they're usually holding back about 1.2-ish bar. Different ball of wax altogether. You can tighten them down enough that it won't leak, and it won't cut into the hose. Same deal with vacuum lines, just but a dab of grease on the nipple and use a worm gear clamp or a spring clamp, no worries.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Look man, I know you're just taking the piss here, but seriously, if you're running worm clamps on a 3 or 4 bar fuel system, you're running a serious risk of burning your shit down, because if you tighten them enough to hold back the pressure, then you're usually cutting into the hose.

If you're running them on heater hose, they're usually holding back about 1.2-ish bar. Different ball of wax altogether. You can tighten them down enough that it won't leak, and it won't cut into the hose. Same deal with vacuum lines, just but a dab of grease on the nipple and use a worm gear clamp or a spring clamp, no worries.
Also, a heater hose only has coolant in it. Shit blows then you've got a bunch of steam and you pull over till a tow truck gets there. Fuel system blows and you've got a burning car and you're waiting for a fire truck.

Honey, I understand all of this. You just sounded so serious about it last time. I wasn't sure if you dropped back to the shit clamps on the shit sections. Those are a :tard: choice on tranny coolant lines too - ATF blowing all over the place. wtf.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
Got the old rotors off my S6 back from the machine shop. I see why people just toss them now - it was $20 a rotor to have them cut, but on average, they were about $20 a rotor new.

Oh well, now I'll chuck 'em up into the attic to await the day I have to do my next brake job.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
And OOOOOH shit, the distributor for the GTO finally came in (the one that's just a hall effect sensor to allow the computer full timing control). I have to make a new power module like I did for the Datsun for it, since apparently it's a little bitch about RF interference, and I don't have any ignition switched power that stays on during cranking that isn't normal (through the ignition switch) to the ignition coil.

Probably go adjust the parking brake on the GTO this afternoon, meet my dad at Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning, and then do it in my garage, because I don't feel like fiddle-farting about with taking all my goddamned electrical stuff up to their house.

Got the old rotors off my S6 back from the machine shop. I see why people just toss them now - it was $20 a rotor to have them cut, but on average, they were about $20 a rotor new.

Oh well, now I'll chuck 'em up into the attic to await the day I have to do my next brake job.
Maybe your humidity is low enough. Here you'd coat em with a little oil film or they'll be brown when you pull em out later. Gonna get rusty on the car anyway but could at least stay like new until you start getting use out of them again.

I assume they coat them with some high temp paint or something when new but it never lasts. Only non-rusty parts are what the pads keep wearing off.

Maybe your humidity is low enough. Here you'd coat em with a little oil film or they'll be brown when you pull em out later. Gonna get rusty on the car anyway but could at least stay like new until you start getting use out of them again.

I assume they coat them with some high temp paint or something when new but it never lasts. Only non-rusty parts are what the pads keep wearing off.
I got them back with cosmoline on them.

They're desperate for cash after getting cancelled by Netflix.
Actually Cyrus isn't gonna be on the show anymore, for reasons best left unexplained. No point in holding onto the car anymore.

The guys are doing fine, JP/Robb/Mike own the franchise outright and they've all got fuck-you money.