Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Cars over at the shop, they did their estimate and it came out to about $1400 higher, to $4400'ish.

Geico approved it and payed out to the shop for the deposit. Parts are on order.

I'm mildly surprised they didn't total it. KBB says the car isn't worth more than $4500 or so. Guess we just squeaked by.

Totalling a car that has a low value sucks. I have an '06 Scion xB and if it got totalled there would be no way for me to find another one in the same condition for it's KBB value. or any car in the same condition.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Totalling a car that has a low value sucks. I have an '06 Scion xB and if it got totalled there would be no way for me to find another one in the same condition for it's KBB value.

I found an '18 Focus, same trim for like 14k at Carmax. Low miles, less than 20k.

That would have been a good option if we didn't like the Leaf or Bolt.

Cars over at the shop, they did their estimate and it came out to about $1400 higher, to $4400'ish.

Geico approved it and payed out to the shop for the deposit. Parts are on order.

I'm mildly surprised they didn't total it. KBB says the car isn't worth more than $4500 or so. Guess we just squeaked by.
Sometimes they are dumb. I had a car totalled by hail. They paid out, I bought it back a auction for about 1/3 that. It was fine, no broken glass, brown paint was lightly dimpled. It was still my "pimp for short distances Caddilac". Later traded it to a bandmate for his REAL pos, took the tax write-off on donating the turdmobile ;)

Totalling a car that has a low value sucks. I have an '06 Scion xB and if it got totalled there would be no way for me to find another one in the same condition for it's KBB value. or any car in the same condition.
I quit carrying collision when they get to < $2500. Acceptable risk - to me.

I like doing the hoon in the red Z. It's as traction-free at full tilt in the dry as the quattro is on ice.
Hoon in the quattro is a fun controllable 4 wheel slide, way more fun than RWD dorifto.

Pick up speed, dump the clutch, cut the wheel, you can do 360s and shit. I miss my A4 :(

SELL IT IMMEDIATELY.