Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Since it's the Jehannum shitbox car thread, any updates on the 240?
Nothing since the body shop shut down.

Last pic I got was this:
2020-03-20.jpg

Which is no more and no less than what I expected to see. The plan when they left off was to wire wheel the inside and see what came out of that, then neutralize and treat whatever was possible, and cut/replace the stuff that was too rotted.

Fortunately, it's fairly easy to replace any bad shit inside the dog leg, as it's all f'n flat. I got the replacement skin weeks ago.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
You don't think there's some merit in fixing the thing that's causing the code?
Possibly. My plan was to replace the car with a way lower mileage Prius and retire the yellow Prius to a backup vehicle for the family.
But now I might have to live on the replacement money for a while.
I'm not driving infected people around.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Supporting a local parts store and their employees meant I ended up with Boy-Racer-Red sway bar bushings instead of the black ones I wanted them to order. I didn't even need the +10HP they give you.

TL5ycGo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Supporting a local parts store and their employees meant I ended up with Boy-Racer-Red sway bar bushings instead of the black ones I wanted them to order. I didn't even need the +10HP they give you.

TL5ycGo.jpg
I have a set of end links and bushings to put on the Datsun when it's back from paint, too.

I didn't look at the gear oil my friend gave me when we reinstalled the trans on the 300ZX, but I did yesterday, and it was GL5, which isn't spec'd for the car.

So I drained it today and put GL4 Redline MT90 in there, and it shifts so much smoother.

I also changed the oil while I was in there, and the oil pressure sender, because my old one was being intermittent.

Shitpile is purring like a drunken kitten now.

Finally going to get to the 240Z's stall today to clean it up so I can get back into my work bench and get to business.

The wife's side of the garage has been clean for 2 weeks, except for the now-ripe smelling bucket of oily pine-sol water, lol.

So the body shop's been working a little on the D/L.

Start:
2020-04-08 (3).jpg

After wire-wheeling:
2020-04-08 (1).jpg

2020-04-08 (2).jpg

2020-04-08.jpg

They're gonna throw some ospho/metal ready on there to take care of the rest of the shit, then POR-15 it up (the Sherwin Williams equivalent product, since that's what they use).

This thing just runs and runs.
It's like the Chanukah miracle in a Prius.
Yeah, it runs and runs until you ignore a serious code and then it doesn't.

Codes are set for a reason. Emissions equipment might not be as fragile as it was in the 1980s when your old Dodge Caravan was designed, but when the engine operates for a sustained period outside its normal parameters, it'll still fuck things up.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes