Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Anyone else hot for NSU?

I have no idea how I got into a wiki-hole but I rediscovered the lovely NSU Ro 80 and realized they had a lot of other models. I would love to sample a late model NSU Prinz 1200TT.

I'm itching to offload this M35x now that everything is taken care of (for the moment).

@AppleTurkey has only a few criteria: automatic transmission, not an SUV/CUV, and a wagon-ish thing (if possible)

In the running for replacing it are:
2018-ish Buick Regal TourX
2014 Acura TSX sportwagon
2013 Audi Allroad
CTS-V wagon (pie in the sky, probably won't be able to find one)

I'm gonna put a hard NO on anything with a VQ35/37, so Nissan is pretty much out. I'm also putting the kibosh on Subaru, because flat-4 life is asking for trouble.

Any obvious things I've overlooked?

I can vouch for the quality and comfort of Buick.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
I'm itching to offload this M35x now that everything is taken care of (for the moment).

@AppleTurkey has only a few criteria: automatic transmission, not an SUV/CUV, and a wagon-ish thing (if possible)

2013 Audi Allroad

I'm gonna put a hard NO on anything with a VQ35/37, so Nissan is pretty much out. I'm also putting the kibosh on Subaru, because flat-4 life is asking for trouble.

I vote Acura.

I didnt even know Buick was still a brand

When GM went through the bailout/restructure thing they dumped Pontiac and olds and kept Buick as the "upscale" line, then tried to rebrand it as something other than a grandpa car.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
When GM went through the bailout/restructure thing they dumped Pontiac and olds and kept Buick as the "upscale" line, then tried to rebrand it as something other than a grandpa car.

They even hired a sports star to be on commercials, one not blindingly white and old.

Then that whole cheating on his wife shit happened.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

2013 Audi Allroad

Golf Alltrack wagon?

Co-worker has one and loves it, and with an APR tune on it, it's fast as balls.

I'm kinda off VW as a brand, on account of dieselgate.
Don't get the Audi then, and ditch yours :)

A4 Avant is another option. Loved our old car, before the rust ate it. The newer models with the 2.0T engine + DSG transmission are pretty sweet.