Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Is it permitted for someone to ask why you're looking for a huge tank of an SUV when you're a family of two, or is that racist/sexist or something?

we’re a family of two but i’m on the road a lot, i carry suitcases to fly all the time
my kids nasty football equipment yadda yadda

just looking for something spacious
the discovery was cute and big

we’re a family of two but i’m on the road a lot, i carry suitcases to fly all the time
my kids nasty football equipment yadda yadda

just looking for something spacious
the discovery was cute and big
A midsize SUV like a Highlander would get better mileage, be more reliable, and is available as a hybrid. Plus I'm pretty sure the initial purchase price would be lower.

Maybe even look at the two row SUVs. I dunno which ones those are, though.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Anyone heard anything about the Nissan kick?

I don’t want a huge car payment but my vans transmission is going and I don’t need a van anymore.

Ideally I just want a little car (civic, Corolla, etc) but the extra clearance would be nice often enough I’m considering a crossover.

I don’t want a huge car payment but my vans transmission is going and I don’t need a van anymore.

Ideally I just want a little car (civic, Corolla, etc) but the extra clearance would be nice often enough I’m considering a crossover.
Eh...
I mean, it doesn't get bad reviews, but it doesn't get great ones.
I haven't really been a fan of most of Nissan since the early 2000s. They seem to have lost their way.

Hyundai and Kia have been impressing me more and more. The Hyundai Kona might be a good swap?
Car and Driver likes the Mazda CX 30, and when they tested it it met its EPA estimate.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
Eh...
I mean, it doesn't get bad reviews, but it doesn't get great ones.
I haven't really been a fan of most of Nissan since the early 2000s. They seem to have lost their way.

Hyundai and Kia have been impressing me more and more. The Hyundai Kona might be a good swap?
Car and Driver likes the Mazda CX 30, and when they tested it it met its EPA estimate.
We bought a '22 Kia K5 new and it's got like 66k miles on it now, zero issues. It's been a great car.

If you're going to get something that's Korean, make sure it's one of the ones with the push to start button. Hyundai/Kia stuff with keys is really easy to steal with just a USB stick.

Crosstrek, if ground clearance is not really an issue an Impreza will get you +10mpg but they're on the lower end of stock ride height.

We bought a '22 Kia K5 new and it's got like 66k miles on it now, zero issues. It's been a great car.

If you're going to get something that's Korean, make sure it's one of the ones with the push to start button. Hyundai/Kia stuff with keys is really easy to steal with just a USB stick.
How the fuck do you drive 66k in a year