Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Um o.o state farm paid for my stolen vehicle, now I'm suddenly getting billed for it. 3 months later...

Um o.o state farm paid for my stolen vehicle, now I'm suddenly getting billed for it. 3 months later...
Which car is that?

Is this the correct timeline?
-Lady rear ends the corolla, Corolla in the shop
-gets a rental
-rental gets stolen
-gets Corolla back
-another woman hits the Corolla

Which car is that?

Is this the correct timeline?
-Lady rear ends the corolla, Corolla in the shop
-gets a rental
-rental gets stolen
-gets Corolla back
-another woman hits the Corolla
Yeah.

The rental. I paid the deductible out of pocket and state farm sent an adjuster to look at it. It was done paid. Now I get a bill for whole thing.

Started getting the roadster suspension ready for reinstallation today.

Took the rear end down to bare metal and primed it.
messages_0(23).jpeg

Then we painted it.
messages_0(24).jpeg

We also de-rusted, primed, and painted the leaf spring mounts.
messages_0(25).jpeg

Reckon we'll get it hoisted up under the car tomorrow so that we can get wheel dollies under it and move it around for the garage door installation on Wednesday.

330227034_1204681873586829_1952627882885085967_n.jpg

So after disputing the state farm estimate, I was going to call today and see wtf is going on. They called me, and they tripled the initial offer. It only took three months.

Got tired of running out of argon.

8wsDpWL.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Replaced the (ripped) intake boot on the Audi with this silicone thing from 034.

messages_0(4).jpeg

Then I replaced the MAP sensor in the ECU, and went a range hotter on spark plugs.

Finally, it isn't pitching any codes, and hopefully I'll be able to pass emissions and register this turd for another couple years.

So this weekend didn't happen how I wanted it to, but it was a lot better than it could have been.

Drove across the bay to my buddy's in Dunedin, used his shop, bunch of buddys headed out to help.
i4pgovd.jpg

gHChjG4.jpg

Pull old engine.
ZDQ8YfR.jpg

nUCtoj6.jpg

Tso38SL.jpg

Quick mask off of the existing head and some spray bomb.
lKyZaCu.jpg

Then it was time to go home and come back Sunday
eLDGbHw.jpg

wmYcNRh.jpg

8JJCLWr.jpg

We got the motor in, barely. Two bellhousing bolts are in, but ran out of time for the rest. My new motor mount I designed was fucked up somehow, I'll rework it. The transmission mount had lost its two bolts, no fucking clue how or when, but it was some time in the past 5 years; both holes were stripped. I dunno what the fuck that was about, but without that issue we probably would have had the truck started. As it is it'll be hanging out at my friend's for a week or two till I can get back over there.