Ontopic The new car-seching thread

how many black market organs can you move in eleven 5 gallon paint buckets?
I wish it was that exciting. We outsource for Sherwin Williams sometimes. I do inter-store swaps for them. I've calculated that my cargo area with the seats down holds 11 5 gallon buckets even tho the most I've ever done at one time was 9.
I actually did turn down a human kidney today. Shit box with almost 300,000 miles isn't reliable enough for transporting a kidney. I have ethics.

Visiting machine shop Friday. Picking up truck block and rotating assembly.

Motivate Lets Go GIF by The Titan Games

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I wish it was that exciting. We outsource for Sherwin Williams sometimes. I do inter-store swaps for them. I've calculated that my cargo area with the seats down holds 11 5 gallon buckets even tho the most I've ever done at one time was 9.
I actually did turn down a human kidney today. Shit box with almost 300,000 miles isn't reliable enough for transporting a kidney. I have ethics.
Why don't they just hire a box truck... those dudes are always looking for stuff.

I was going to go in for a box truck job before I fucked up my leg. It's all local, no loading or unloading.

Why don't they just hire a box truck... those dudes are always looking for stuff.

I was going to go in for a box truck job before I fucked up my leg. It's all local, no loading or unloading.
My industry has all sizes of vehicles. The reason I Prius is its been a super low business expense so far. If I bought a step van or box truck I'd have to do the labor of a young man. I'm 56..

My industry has all sizes of vehicles. The reason I Prius is its been a super low business expense so far. If I bought a step van or box truck I'd have to do the labor of a young man. I'm 56..
You don't buy your own truck.

Anyway yeah the prius seems awesome. Especially in the summer it'll run the ac without turning the engine on like all night.

Several hundred thousand owner operators beg to differ. Personally I'd never own a full sized truck. Fuel and maintenance costs are off the hook.
Everyone I know would never buy a box truck. Round here you can do ltl with a fuel card and a shitty box truck, it just feels like you gonna die if you have to go downtown and it's only like 800 a week.

Semi will get you way more but like you said if you're spending 30k a year on maintenance like...

@Jehannum

Apparently when I wasn't paying attention all the OEMs started to go to an aluminum alloy for main and rod bearings? Now I'm finding them when I am searching for bearings for a rebuild. You run into this? Any thoughts?

@Jehannum

Apparently when I wasn't paying attention all the OEMs started to go to an aluminum alloy for main and rod bearings? Now I'm finding them when I am searching for bearings for a rebuild. You run into this? Any thoughts?
I run what the machine shop recommended, which were Clevite tri-metal (steel backing bronze, overlayed with tin and lead, I think?).

I trust them to tell me what's appropriate for my application.

Broken clutch pedal out:
messages_0(12).jpeg

Welded clutch pedal in:
messages_0(13).jpeg

We'll see how long it lasts with nylon 3D printed bushings. I probably should have turned them out of Delrin, but without any sort of machining lathe, I guess I just get to use dildos instead.