Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I am now, lol. Took a couple weeks though.
The more you ride the less your ass hurts.
Looks like the saddle might be angled down a bit too much, could just be the angle of the pic. Generally you'll want it level or just ever so slightly pitched down, otherwise you end up sliding forward and taking all the pressure on your taint.

Looks like the saddle might be angled down a bit too much, could just be the angle of the pic. Generally you'll want it level or just ever so slightly pitched down, otherwise you end up sliding forward and taking all the pressure on your taint.
It may be slightly too much.
I ignore all the "proper setup is like this" stuff and just tweak it to myself instead.
I can shift back on the wider cushiony parts and give the taint a break but yeah could be just a little too much down.

That's the kind of stuff you figure out on mile 6 or 8 riding dressed for work instead of in riding specific clothes.
For me that's boxer briefs, cargo pants, and boots that are on the lighter side but still boots.

• Haha
Reactions: NukesII
It may be slightly too much.
I ignore all the "proper setup is like this" stuff and just tweak it to myself instead.
I can shift back on the wider cushiony parts and give the taint a break but yeah could be just a little too much down.

That's the kind of stuff you figure out on mile 6 or 8 riding dressed for work instead of in riding specific clothes.
For me that's boxer briefs, cargo pants, and boots that are on the lighter side but still boots.
That four-way seam right on the taint is tough, you can get like nerve damage and shit if you're not careful about it. If you're riding more upright you'll want to be back on your sit bones.

The Dutch are masters of bike commuting:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
With your bike you're probably more leaned forward in which case you want the ischial crests (bony bumps just to either side of the taint) to be bearing your weight wherever on the saddle lines up with them width-wise. It looks like that saddle has a relief down the middle which should help with the taint pressure if you get it right.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
That four-way seam right on the taint is tough, you can get like nerve damage and shit if you're not careful about it. If you're riding more upright you'll want to be back on your sit bones.

The Dutch are masters of bike commuting:

The risers to get the handlebars higher, the contoured handgrips, and the aftermarket more comfortable seat are steps in that direction that made a very noticable difference.

It'll never be a commuter bike but for a mountain bike being used as one it ain't bad at all.
I at least got those type of comfort parts to a level they're not a limitation anymore.

Meaning my legs or lungs will say ok that's enough before my ass or wrists do.

It was the low torque version of the 700r4. GM had the bright idea to use it in the Grand National.
Wonder if that's what was in our '81 caprice.

Of course behind a carbureted, non-turbo, 3.8 v6 that could do a 20 second 1/4 mile if there was a little downhill slope to it it wasn't really a problem.

Especially back when things rusted to pieces long before any mechanical parts went bad.

Wonder if that's what was in our '81 caprice.

Of course behind a carbureted, non-turbo, 3.8 v6 that could do a 20 second 1/4 mile if there was a little downhill slope to it it wasn't really a problem.

Especially back when things rusted to pieces long before any mechanical parts went bad.
yeah, the 5.slow in the Cadillac was a touch borderline for torque on the 200R4, which is why I went through them.

My dad helped get the first one (he sold it to me with a blown trans). He was standing on the top of a caddy of the same age in the junkyard, with a long prybar, and he told me to catch it on my chest. Didn't take into account the fact that it was about 2 feet off the ground. Knocked the wind out of me, and put a pan-shaped bruise on my chest for about 2 months.

yeah, the 5.slow in the Cadillac was a touch borderline for torque on the 200R4, which is why I went through them.

My dad helped get the first one (he sold it to me with a blown trans). He was standing on the top of a caddy of the same age in the junkyard, with a long prybar, and he told me to catch it on my chest. Didn't take into account the fact that it was about 2 feet off the ground. Knocked the wind out of me, and put a pan-shaped bruise on my chest for about 2 months.
Too many times I've laid on my back trying to stab one in manipulating the bell housing with my feet and working the tail with my hands.
Gives you a sense of accomplishment when it all lines up on the 3rd try.

These little Hondas and Toyotas nowdays you can just stick it right in there and you don't even need your feet. F'n genius.

With your bike you're probably more leaned forward in which case you want the ischial crests (bony bumps just to either side of the taint) to be bearing your weight wherever on the saddle lines up with them width-wise. It looks like that saddle has a relief down the middle which should help with the taint pressure if you get it right.
I need to sit down at the sewing machine and figure out a drink holder that hangs on the bar there by my hand out of some stretchy, schock absorby, spandexy type of material that puts your beer right there in a convenient spot and doesn't shake it up that's what I need to do.

• Haha
Reactions: NukesII
Got around to rebuilding the spare steering rack for the 300ZX. Now I just have to order another set of rack seals, pinion seals, tie rods, and bellows so I can do the one that's in the car now (after I swap them out).

Prius the Second is at mile 283,703. 13,000-ish free miles from the Blue Devil. Shopping for hatchbacks before CarFlation hits again. This basic prius prime can fit up to eleven 5 gallon paint buckets. Think it was approx
51 cubic feet of storage volume with the seats down. Looking at other hatchbacks the Prius seems to be near max cargo volume for hatchbacks in general. I test drove a Nissan versa and vomited. The Mazda 3 looks interesting. I refuse to buy Murican fuck that. I expect upwards of 300,000 out of my work tool shit boxes.

Prius the Second is at mile 283,703. 13,000-ish free miles from the Blue Devil. Shopping for hatchbacks before CarFlation hits again. This basic prius prime can fit up to eleven 5 gallon paint buckets. Think it was approx
51 cubic feet of storage volume with the seats down. Looking at other hatchbacks the Prius seems to be near max cargo volume for hatchbacks in general. I test drove a Nissan versa and vomited. The Mazda 3 looks interesting. I refuse to buy Murican fuck that. I expect upwards of 300,000 out of my work tool shit boxes.
how many black market organs can you move in eleven 5 gallon paint buckets?