Ontopic The new car-seching thread

WELP.

CMwYpX0.jpg

n05Q41C.jpg

9Be6mW9.jpg

OeVN90M.jpg

2lqZ6eh.jpg
well, that looks like fun.

My second Prius seems to have shit the bed. Head gasket issue. Not going to drop an engine into a car with 270,000 miles.
Prius prices are through the roof. I'm looking at two or three Nissan Versa Notes locally tomorrow. Good reviews, "no balls" was the worst feature. Yeah. I get to keep a clean license.
When a Prius shits the bed it really shits the bed.

Assuming it's just the head gasket, a similar job on a Honda Fit (pulling head, helicoiling it, putting it back together with a new head gasket) cost me $1K CAD.

I'd consider repairing it.

And just when I got the shitbucket back together, a deer runs into it.

View attachment 16474
A deer ran into it or you ran into a deer?

Sidebar: I've noticed deer in MD are super stupid. I mean they aren't smart animals to begin with but at the the ones in NY try to get away. Around here they just STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROAD and even if you honk they dont move.

@Mikeawesome

I can't find anything about how to adjust the headlights on this thing, all the how-tos are based on the idea that its been lowered and this hasn't. I also can't find if the headlights have the auto-aiming, or if that was an option this didn't get.

But this ain't right.
UxndQ1n.jpg

@Mikeawesome

I can't find anything about how to adjust the headlights on this thing, all the how-tos are based on the idea that its been lowered and this hasn't. I also can't find if the headlights have the auto-aiming, or if that was an option this didn't get.

But this ain't right.
UxndQ1n.jpg
I think all NDs have auto leveling headlights. Did you start the car on a slope?

messages_0(9).jpeg

Doesn't look so bad in the daylight. I found an A6 headlamp on ebay for $80, onto which I'll swap my remaining pristine E-code glass, and I have the two original turn signals (with amber lenses instead of clear, which I'm happier with anyway).

The remaining issue is the bumper. It's NLA, and good used ones are $3k+. I've got pictures sent to my body guy to see what he can do, but I see that 3M has loads of urethane repair glues on the market, and all the pieces are there, so I'm hopeful. I'll probably have the bumper, the trim between the body and the bumper, and the finisher panels under the headlights refinished.

Not looking forward to pulling the bumper, as it smells like dead deer right now, so I'm not excited to find out what gobbets of flesh have made their way back there.

I fiberglassed a bumper like that back together once. Just cleaned up the back, sanded it with rough sandpaper to make a good surface to grip to, cleaned it up a bit more and whacked a few layers of fiberglass/resin across the crack on the back.

I'm sure your body guy can do something similar and way better :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
View attachment 16477

Doesn't look so bad in the daylight. I found an A6 headlamp on ebay for $80, onto which I'll swap my remaining pristine E-code glass, and I have the two original turn signals (with amber lenses instead of clear, which I'm happier with anyway).

The remaining issue is the bumper. It's NLA, and good used ones are $3k+. I've got pictures sent to my body guy to see what he can do, but I see that 3M has loads of urethane repair glues on the market, and all the pieces are there, so I'm hopeful. I'll probably have the bumper, the trim between the body and the bumper, and the finisher panels under the headlights refinished.

Not looking forward to pulling the bumper, as it smells like dead deer right now, so I'm not excited to find out what gobbets of flesh have made their way back there.
you know what to do:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and ZRH
I respect people who can make that patina/clapped out look work for their cars, but I'm not that guy. I'll fix it, and fix it correctly.
:lol: You should go to baltimore. Every car has a dent in the side and skid plates held on with zip ties. I fell asleep at a red light the other day and gave the mercedes in front of me a love tap and the lady was like whatever, it already looks like trash.

:lol: You should go to baltimore. Every car has a dent in the side and skid plates held on with zip ties. I fell asleep at a red light the other day and gave the mercedes in front of me a love tap and the lady was like whatever, it already looks like trash.
Jesus, and you wonder why your insurance premiums are through the roof. You should always make sure your house is in park before going to bed, dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: fly and ZRH
Jesus, and you wonder why your insurance premiums are through the roof. You should always make sure your house is in park before going to bed, dumbass.
Dude, it's a huge problem. Like 3 or 4 days in you start fading in and out if you arent focused. My driving record is pristine cept the chick I ran over and I was found not guilty.

Last edited: