Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I've gotten surprisingly good service from the Costco tire people.
Walmart is usually surprisingly good too. YMMV.

The problem with Goodyear and Firestone etc. is they always try to upsell you. Wanted $60 to clean my battery terminals once.

i have a couple of things with slightly dodgy grounds that get all green and flaky, and ive found the red-anti-corrosion spray actually works really well. I used to just smear em with dielectric, but thats so messy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Whoa judgement much and probably but my responsibility is getting back on the road. You remember my extended essay on helping that lady who blew out on a curb?
Judgement? WTF? What should be judged if not that? And who gives a shit if you helped someone if you just turn around and do stupid shit?

Judgement? WTF? What should be judged if not that? And who gives a shit if you helped someone if you just turn around and do stupid shit?

Fairly illustrative of the concept.

And I just went back to that because it's the most recent tire issue I've dealt with.

Did an oil change on the VW this morning, as it's about to hit 75k, and I like to do them every 5k miles instead of 10k like the service intervals indicate, and found out that the lube tech had just gotten an M18 impact tool when they did the 70k service.

IMG_20220813_143704909.jpg

So now I've got 7 more of each of those bolts to replace the belly pan fasteners that they dinked up. Fortunately, I was able to chase the threads of the mounts without fucking things up. I Karen'd up to the parts counter and demanded that they give them to me, and they folded like cheap suits.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well I had to change insurance. The company I had FOR A YEAR didn't believe I lived in MD despite me sitting in their office in MD trying to present proof that I lived in MD... Fuck em.

State Farm did a decent quote. Allstate was like 212. Now I've had State Farm before so I know it's pretty hit or miss depends on the agent. They tried to upsell me life insurance. and I was like lol no, the conversation actually got pretty morbid, she was like but wholl bury you and I was like... the county? Apparently she didnt know what a potter's field was. It's more than what I had before but it's more streamlined instead of having one company doing liability and one company doing comprehensive.

Maybe they'll actually pay out WHEN MY BUMPER GETS WRECKED.

Geico is the only company around here that hasnt fucked me after 2 years.
Geico fucked me two times. They are cheap. They paid out to the other person but communication was shit and even after I won in court they were like that doesnt MEAN anything. I think maybe I just had a shitty agent and I was transitioning from NY to MD at that time.

Allstate blows ass. They've said they are mailing my hit and run check since january. Everytime I talk to them "It's in the mail", meanwhile, I zip tied my bumper cover back on... >.<

1660757049121.png
That's me with no accidents. Like fuck.

Last edited: