Ontopic The new car-seching thread

You can also just try to find an offbrand tire place. Like I got two nails and this place next to a gunshop had a sign out front that said "Mateos Tire Shop" and well it was getting low so I went there and dude plugged three holes in the sidewall for $20. Which is NOT what would've happened if I didnt pull up to some dudes garage in urban MD.

You can also just try to find an offbrand tire place. Like I got two nails and this place next to a gunshop had a sign out front that said "Mateos Tire Shop" and well it was getting low so I went there and dude plugged three holes in the sidewall for $20. Which is NOT what would've happened if I didnt pull up to some dudes garage in urban MD.
Because sidewall fixes are sketchy af, and you made your car and traffic around you less safe

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Gotta slow leak in one of my tires. Loses about 5 PSI a week.

When I had it in for service they said it wasn’t leaking in the water tank. K.

Do I tire slime the fucker or take it to a tire shop.
Take it to the shop if you don't want out of balance tires. The slime collects and dries on the upward facing part of the wheel rim.

The smallest, safest car possible: the bigger the vehicle the easier it is to fuck up and the more dangerous it is for everyone. Behemoths are "safe" in an accident but good driving is the safest.
This is actually good advice. My first car was a Nissan "Truck", basically a small Frontier. I never got into an accident.

Because sidewall fixes are sketchy af, and you made your car and traffic around you less safe
Whoa judgement much and probably but my responsibility is getting back on the road. You remember my extended essay on helping that lady who blew out on a curb?

Gotta slow leak in one of my tires. Loses about 5 PSI a week.

When I had it in for service they said it wasn’t leaking in the water tank. K.

Do I tire slime the fucker or take it to a tire shop.
figure out where the leak is. 5psi a week will definitely make bubbles if you leave it for an hour or two.

Dont slime it, If its a hole in the tread, plug it, but im guessing it might be a valve stem thing with that slow a leak.

There's a reason why you don't patch sidewalls and it isn't "corporate greed".
its always a question of "is it reaaaaaaly the sidewall" for me? Ive plugged stuff thats in the outer 1 inch of tread dozens of times without any probs, but you're not supposed to do that.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
its always a question of "is it reaaaaaaly the sidewall" for me? Ive plugged stuff thats in the outer 1 inch of tread dozens of times without any probs, but you're not supposed to do that.
Anywhere that the patch is subject more to lateral than axial forces is a no-no, which should be obvious if you look at how plug patches work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
No holes in the tread, they checked the valve stem allegedly.
Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

Spray the bead with soapy water. I'll bet it's leaking there.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138