Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I'm not really at the place where I can do my own yet. I've been gathering the stuff to cast, but don't have it all set up.
Maybe, depending on how long you want to wait?

Sounds like you need 6 adapters from the head to the flange of the TBs? That might be something you could get SLS metal-printed for semi-cheap (you know, in SLS circles.)

Or laser cut the flanges, then weld runners?

Got any pics to help me visualize?

I'm not really at the place where I can do my own yet. I've been gathering the stuff to cast, but don't have it all set up.
Maybe, depending on how long you want to wait?

Sounds like you need 6 adapters from the head to the flange of the TBs? That might be something you could get SLS metal-printed for semi-cheap (you know, in SLS circles.)

Or laser cut the flanges, then weld runners?

Got any pics to help me visualize?
I'll work something up this afternoon, but if I didn't need injector bosses, I'd definitely go the flange and tube route.

But yeah, 6 tubes flanged on either end, with an injector boss in each, on the top.

I'll work something up this afternoon, but if I didn't need injector bosses, I'd definitely go the flange and tube route.

But yeah, 6 tubes flanged on either end, with an injector boss in each, on the top.
You have a tig? I'm going with these on the intake I'm building.
Amazon product ASIN B0725XRDQT

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
You have a tig? I'm going with these on the intake I'm building.
Amazon product ASIN B0725XRDQT
I do have access to a TIG. Now, if my guy will get back to me on whether he's got RB26 throttlebodies, I can get 6 weber flanges (one for each side, some aluminum 45mm ID tube, and then all I'll need will be a 280ZX distributor (for crank angle), because the linkage for the RB has a TPS built in, and I've already got a spot for a MAP.

Probably need to build a jig for holding the bungs, but that's an easy 3D printing problem.

Giggity.

Tack everything on the flanges, then bolt it to each major component (head and intake) and then fully weld on there so it acts as a jig to prevent warping and aids as a heat sink

kiko will be getting his permit in March 2023
he has to drive for 8 months to enter the next phase (driving his own car)
so i have til next dec 2023 to buy him a car.

what’s a good starter car for a 16 yr old (his age next dec)

what was your first car?

what was your first car?

what was your first car?
The smallest, safest car possible: the bigger the vehicle the easier it is to fuck up and the more dangerous it is for everyone. Behemoths are "safe" in an accident but good driving is the safest.

what was your first car?
My first car was a 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood that was about 10 years old when I started driving it. It had a busted transmission when I bought it from my dad.

I'd say get whatever has good safety ratings that's 10-15 years old. Maybe a Volvo if they're affordable. That's what I'm looking at for Jason right now, and he's getting his permit in February of '23.

My first car was a 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood that was about 10 years old when I started driving it. It had a busted transmission when I bought it from my dad.

I'd say get whatever has good safety ratings that's 10-15 years old. Maybe a Volvo if they're affordable. That's what I'm looking at for Jason right now, and he's getting his permit in February of '23.

a volvo ??????