Ontopic The new car-seching thread

a fully-electric F150 lightning drove by us in the parking lot hte other day. Had this super-cool sounding low hum as it just cruised along silently.

a fully-electric F150 lightning drove by us in the parking lot hte other day. Had this super-cool sounding low hum as it just cruised along silently.
I didn't think they were out out yet.
I've noticed a lot of them have noise makers so people notice them. The Toyota Highlander is fucking horrible about it, or my neighbor's car is fucked up.

this may have been a speaker. It sounded very scifi. I didnt think they were out either, but i looked up a photo after and this was definitely one.

So its cargo capacity is negligible and towing capacity nonexistent.

Sounds like it'd be perfect for the F350 Bros.

Not so great for the guys who are actually in the market for a compact pickup, though.

Yeah Im very doubtful about electric trucks
If Im towing a 3000 lb trailer or 1500 lbs of cargo, how fars that fuckin battery gonna get me? To the next charging station to wait 12 hrs for another full charge
lol

If Im towing a 3000 lb trailer or 1500 lbs of cargo, how fars that fuckin battery gonna get me? To the next charging station to wait 12 hrs for another full charge
lol
Let's be honest though, how often is it you actually do that?

It's a far cry from the minitruckers I see in town who have a bi-modal distribution, on the one end being roached-out trucks from the '90s full to the brim with their tools and materials, the other end being frame-dragging low-riders with gilded daytons and polished hydros.

lol
Says it's about 100-150 miles at 7k lbs. Takes 8 hours to charge at a home 240 port, 40 minutes on a DC fast charger.

Let's be honest though, how often is it you actually do that?

It's a far cry from the minitruckers I see in town who have a bi-modal distribution, on the one end being roached-out trucks from the '90s full to the brim with their tools and materials, the other end being frame-dragging low-riders with gilded daytons and polished hydros.
often enough to be concerned about it