Ontopic The new car-seching thread

God damn this is sexy

@fly you should try and squeeze your dick into a more pleasing shape. Don't forget to anneal it first.

oXDWjpI.jpg

nGDoHQS.jpg

4XMpcsJ.jpg

hrJ1lSg.jpg

cQC0NIY.jpg
No idea what I'm even looking at.

I'm slightly worried about the used car market.
Current prius has about 210,000.
This places it in its final year of service. Experience has taught me that it's foolish to try and expect a modern vehicle to take full day after day punishment once the beast approaches 300,000 miles and all its systems are breaking down.

I have $19,000 put aside but I'd rather not spend all of that.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm slightly worried about the used car market.
Current prius has about 210,000.
This places it in its final year of service. Experience has taught me that it's foolish to try and expect a modern vehicle to take full day after day punishment once the beast approaches 300,000 miles and all its systems are breaking down.

I have $19,000 put aside but I'd rather not spend all of that.
There's an '07 Prius with 140k and a salvage title here on craigslist for $6500. Brandy new hybrid battery.

So, now that Craftsman has shit the bucket, does anyone have a recommendation for a metric tap and die set?

Mainly need an M6x1.0 for aluminum, but I figured I might as well get a set.

According to the radio this morning, the avg price for a used car is $29,000 and a new one is at $45,000.

Hey @HipHugHer here's a business we can start. You steal cars, sell them and I won't turn you in for 25%
The last 4 vehicles I've bought added together adds up to at best $2k, the most expensive one bring $850.
What's that adjusted for inflation?

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII and fly
To be fair the Taurus and the Buick were both gifted but even using excellent condition book value for both at the time wouldn't move the grand total for all 6 north of $8500 or thereabouts.

To be fair the Taurus and the Buick were both gifted but even using excellent condition book value for both at the time wouldn't move the grand total for all 6 north of $8500 or thereabouts.

I think part of the problem is they aren't making as many new cars the last couple years and not as many are being traded in either.
I was going to start thinking new but for now, I'm just going to drive my current puddle jumper until it sinks.